Discuss Quite a competent Sparky I think in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Strangely we were also correcting a no earth fault on a lighting circuit in some offices today, we did carry out earth continuity at every point in the circuit, live to earth insulation resistance efli etc. and completed a minor works certificate. Also changed any green earth sleeving to green/yellow and fitted coloured sleeving where needed.

im really interested on why the previous sparks just didn't bother connecting the earths. I mean, isn't that the very basics of working with electrical systems.....

makes me think there was a bigger picture involved. Maybe the sparks found there was no earth to the property and just thought "you know what, there's no point in connecting the earths anyway".

or, maybe he was just a DIY'er

Pretty simple explanation, either he was a butcher or he'd tried to find a fault on his wiring & couldn't so left earths disconnected to stop RCD tripping. (Oops sorry that would also make him a butcher).
Sadly he wouldn't be the first or last to do that.

What is this lads missus playing at? Letting him go out in the morning with no cooked breakfast inside him, and having to go to McDonald's for a plastic one. Mind you, I only saw him pick up two tools all day, one of them a dodgy looking socket tester. Spent most of the day supping coffee and yapping, obviously not self employed.

What is this lads missus playing at? Letting him go out in the morning with no cooked breakfast inside him, and having to go to McDonald's for a plastic one. Mind you, I only saw him pick up two tools all day, one of them a dodgy looking socket tester. Spent most of the day supping coffee and yapping, obviously not self employed.

I'm not convinced that he actually has a missus. But I'm pretty certain he's handled more than a few tools in his time. ;)

Welcome back :)

Ta. I had an extra self-enforced few weeks off but couldn't resist a return. I am going to be on my best behaviour now, however I will still be monitoring the grammar, I have seen some shocking examples already, and I see George is no better.
Don't forget the spelling as well Mate, some of it is atrocious

Ta. I had an extra self-enforced few weeks off but couldn't resist a return. I am going to be on my best behaviour now, however I will still be monitoring the grammar, I have seen some shocking examples already, and I see George is no better.

Deleted

Reply to Quite a competent Sparky I think in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net