Discuss Quote to fit 4 new sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi people how much would you quote to add 4 new sockets?

1st one in living room at shoulder height. Skirting and floor boards will need lifting. Chasing up the wall and sheaving.

2nd in kitchen. Slight chasing in wall and then chasing up back of units to ceiling level all most.

3rd in bedroom into brick wall at skirting height. Slight bit of chasing out of wall and sheaving. Lifting skirting and floor boards up.

4th into a studded wall which is plaster and laff. Socket to go in at head height and chasing down the wall through a fire break then into the floor.

Any advice will be appreciated, thank you

Spur or radials or on ring final circuit. Who is doing the plastering? Strange heights for the sockets. Anyway assuming you have addressed earthing being satisfactory etc. I guess £450 tops if its a ring final, maybe £250 if we are talking spurs/radials and anything in between for a hybrid install. Any faults or inadequacies existing to be added to that.

Level of finish? Access? Cottage with 15" granite walls? Existing circuit arrangements? ...and i would be very expensive,concerning laff and sheaving work...

It would be literally easier,to paint single,different numbers,on the backs of 10 piglets (with one,having a decimal point),chase them round a field,and line up four of them,to arrive at a quote.

We need many more details,or there is n

Spur or radials or on ring final circuit. Who is doing the plastering? Strange heights for the sockets. Anyway assuming you have addressed earthing being satisfactory etc. I guess £450 tops if its a ring final, maybe £250 if we are talking spurs/radials and anything in between for a hybrid install. Any faults or inadequacies existing to be added to that.
Hi, it will be ring main so working of an existing socket then using junction boxes to extend one of the cables to the new socket and so on. He has a plasterer coming in so I don’t have to worry about that. I’m quite new to this and I don’t want to over quote as he is a friend.

I'm with Murdock on this one.

More info needed: Earthing, Bonding, RCD's, Is there stuff crammed in every corner of every room e.t.c.

His sockets are on a ring main and I’m going to incorporate them into it. The downstairs ring sockets are on a seperate breaker than the upstairs. The upstairs only has 4 sockets so I’m adding 2 more to it. Carpets being thrown so I can cut it up and save the underlay. Floor boards are coming up and junction boxes will be fitted with easy access. All are going onto brick walls accept the one upstairs, which is a studded wall with plaster and laff. The sockets are to be flush with the walls so chisel out brick for back boxes, cable, sheaving.

is that the corn growing on gloucester's home ground?

Reply to Quote to fit 4 new sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock