Discuss Quoting for jobs ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elec-tricks

Hi folks
please go easy on me ;)
i've passed my elec courses, but i still lack quite a bit of knowledge.
one question that is bothering me is not doing the job, but how to quote for a job.
if anyone could give me some tips, etc. i'd be grateful.
i guess a lot of it will come down to experience, but i'm a bit short on that at the moment.
many thanks in advance for your help.

Depends what your quoting, write everything down then work out labour time and email wholesalers for a materials quote. Add about 10-20% on materials add labour and away to go. Or work out a price per point say 45 for a double socket and times by no. of points

You can never have too much info on a quote. It can protect you when the customer tried to add something or move a socket position. Also take pics of all the work you have done before you leave for the day. This also protects you, just in case some other worker moved or drills through your cables.

It soon become apparent because if they don't get back to you your too expensive and if they snap your hand off your too cheap!&nbsp;<br><br>Most people of an idea of what it's going to cost and even you will to a degree.<br><br>As above, materials plus mark up, then labour to include your over heads, do t forget about fuel, a job might 25m each way and do that for a week it's a tank of fuel.<br><br><br>

Quoting jobs, that can vary, depends how quick and experienced you are, one guy's price can be different because he's slow/ not much onsite know how, guy 2 turbo be doing for years half the time.

For the materials, go with screwfix prices on single items, add 10% markup, buy the materials elsewhere and your'll know youve made on materials.
For the labour, Try to Imagine yourself starting work at the beginning of the day, divide the job into individual tasks and how long they would take you, factor in a few small hurdles and 20 minutes for lunch, allow for the paperwork at the end of the job and you will have a realistic labour cost.

For the materials, go with screwfix prices on single items, add 10% markup, buy the materials elsewhere and your'll know youve made on materials.
For the labour, Try to Imagine yourself starting work at the beginning of the day, divide the job into individual tasks and how long they would take you, factor in a few small hurdles and 20 minutes for lunch, allow for the paperwork at the end of the job and you will have a realistic labour cost.

20 minutes is nowhere near enough to down a couple of burgers and 4 pints of ale. 1 hour at least!. :party:

Reply to Quoting for jobs ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net