Discuss R.I.P Sir Ken............. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm genuinely gutted...a hero...always funny,proper grafter,never left his roots,operation yewtree never looked sideways at him and he's from the NW :) even got some mileage out of HMRC...

Not many left,with such a long,continuous work history,maybe the queen and Nicholas Parsons...and you,Tel ;)

When Ken was knighted I was doing some work for my brother on nursery he owns in Knotty Ash, it was quite funny when a florist with an armful of flowers asked us where she would find some house name we had never heard of it but asked her who she was trying to deliver to she gave us some spiel about data protection and she couldn't possibly tell us after a bit of banter she told us it was for Sir Kenneth at which point she got the directions to his front door
I suspected something on Sunday as there was a note taped to his front door when I passed, woke up to the sad news on Monday

Aye DODDY was a very funny man in fact I would go so far as saying tittifalarious .
He has left a huge hole in comedy and British society. Hope the Diddy men give him a good send off in knottyash. Ken Dodd you'll be missed

It was busy enough on Monday outside his house and down the road with all the news trucks and people paying their respects
My brothers day nursery is a few hundred yards from Doddy's house and the road was chaotic most of the day and at school pick up time it was close to gridlock so what it will be like for his funeral who knows one thing is certain he will get a good send off

Reply to R.I.P Sir Ken............. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net