Discuss R1+R2 confused??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
When doing PIR`s is it only continuity of final ring that you can find R1+R2???
If so how do you measure R2 for the report??? Im not quite sure!!! Im trying to make sense of it??? I know ZS is ZE+r1+r2 can anyone make sense of this for me!!!

no you can do it on all circuits , you join the L and the CPC together at the CDU and test at the furthest point of the circuit at the immersion heater last light on the circuit , cooker connection plate shower etc

When testing you have to test the continuity of the cpc for all circuits this can be done in one of two ways.

R1 + R2 or R2

Have a read of this thread.

think op is confused between end to end of ring as opposed to R1 and R2. note of upper and lower case letters when reading regs. etc.

If I understand your question, the only way you can ascertain R1+R2 on a ring final is by way of the continuity of ring final circuit conductors test.

The R1+R2 value can be obtained at the step 3 stage interconnections of lines to cpc's.

When doing PIR`s is it only continuity of final ring that you can find R1+R2??? Yes, at step 3
If so how do you measure R2 for the report??? with a wander lead from the met to your meter Im not quite sure!!! Im trying to make sense of it??? I know ZS is ZE+r1+r2 no, Zs=Ze+R1+R2 can anyone make sense of this for me!!!

and for a ring final, R1+R2 = (r1+r2)/4

Reply to R1+R2 confused??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock