Discuss R1+R2 of a ring circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Ste69

I know you take the highest reading, though not sure if you take the highest reading on the ring circuit or a spur off the ring circuit?

cheers

As Trev says record the highest. I would mention that the figure is for a spur and also jot down the average value of the RFCs r1r2 for the actual ring itself ie without the spur figures.

excellent, cheers!

just to clarify

For when comparing r1+r2/4 to R1+R2, do i use the ring highest value or the spur highest value?

excellent, cheers!

just to clarify

For when comparing r1+r2/4 to R1+R2, do i use the ring highest value or the spur highest value?
OK

the calculation of r1+r2/4 to give you (R1 R2) around the grounds so to speak does not take into account spurs....think about what r1, r2 & rn is.....:

end to ends...yes?

the value of (R1 R2) should be r1+r2/4.....we know that...yes?

the value off all points on the ring should be a Max. of 0.05 of each other....a spur will manefest itself by being considerably higher....thats how you will/should know its a spur.

its the highest value you would be putting down as the (R1 R2) of the circuit....this would be likely to be a spur...should there be any....

OK

the calculation of r1+r2/4 to give you (R1 R2) around the grounds so to speak does not take into account spurs....think about what r1, r2 & rn is.....:

end to ends...yes?

the value of (R1 R2) should be r1+r2/4.....we know that...yes?

the value off all points on the ring should be a Max. of 0.05 of each other....a spur will manefest itself by being considerably higher....thats how you will/should know its a spur.

its the highest value you would be putting down as the (R1 R2) of the circuit....this would be likely to be a spur...should there be any....

Thanks a lot mate!

Sorry. one more question.

so if the reading of r1+r2/4 is not the same as R1+R2, is that ok because we are using the spur reading for R1+R2?

say on the ring you have r1 0.33 r2 0.56 rn 0.33............on the ring all readings are 0.25 but on the spur its 0.36....soooo the R1+R2 is 0.36. If you use r1+r2/4= 0.23. so it is off by 0.13 but with the 0.25 reading its ok.

are these readings good then?

really sorry, just want to get my head around this.

Thanks a lot mate!

Sorry. one more question.

so if the reading of r1+r2/4 is not the same as R1+R2, is that ok because we are using the spur reading for R1+R2?

say on the ring you have r1 0.33 r2 0.56 rn 0.33............on the ring all readings are 0.25 but on the spur its 0.36....soooo the R1+R2 is 0.36. If you use r1+r2/4= 0.23. so it is off by 0.13 but with the 0.25 reading its ok.

are these readings good then?

really sorry, just want to get my head around this.
as long as all the points actually on the ring were stable..(to within 0.05 of ohm)..then yes...

let us not forget that your looking for a suitably low reading of (R1 R2)....as long as it concurs with the r1+r2/4 equasion

the whole point of (R1 R2)..is to prove theres CPC available at every point on the ring

so Ste69...:
can you tell us please how many stages there is to ring final testing (low ohms)

and if one of the outcomes is proving theres a CPC available at every point served....can you tell us another outcome?

answer here please:

... and don't forget you can just as easily do the cross overs at a socket point you know is on the ring to avoid messing up the CU wiring. Easier to see which is the in and out legs too.

Reply to R1+R2 of a ring circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock