Discuss R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No. They are both methods of verifying the same thing. They are an either/or in any situation, periodic inspection or initial verification.

Worrying question from someone carrying out periodic inspections to be honest.
I only asked because im making my eicr certificate and got my assesment coming this saturday.
Just wanted to make sure the inspector wont say anything when i put n/a

Consider as well that it is not always necessary to carry out R1+R2 tests for an EICR. R1+R2 is intended as initial verification prior to energising, as a circuit is already energised then it could be considered redundant. A sensible approach is to carry out R1+R2 tests on an unknown installation with no previous certification available. If a previous EIC or EICR is available then a Zs test is sufficient and compare the result to the previous cert, if the result is identical or close it may be assumed R1+R2 is also satisfactory. R2 tests are useful on lighting circuits with fancy class 1 lights which cannot easily be dropped to access terminations.
You should also get your terminology correct, there is no r1+r2 test, it is R1+R2.
r1 and r2 are ring circuit end to end readings.

These test are carried out an a new instalation. I wantrd to ask what i should regarding the main supply overcurrent protective devise as it is sealed and not visable is it ok to put limitaion or should i contact uk power to find out ?

R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. 20171001_173706 - EletriciansForums.net

Might not be seeing the picture right. Looks like a resin sealed head to me. Are you saying it is a hinged cast enclosure that is wire sealed ?
I beleve so as i forgot to check the writing on the enclosure. Will go back in a few days to check if it has any fure rating written on it

Might not be seeing the picture right. Looks like a resin sealed head to me. Are you saying it is a hinged cast enclosure that is wire sealed ?

Yeah, that's a WT Henley ironclad service cutout (ISCO) with an ironclad sealing chamber beneath.
Originally it would have been double pole fused, but hopefully someone has put a solid link in the neutral by now!

Reply to R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock