Discuss Rated people - What a Joke They are! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nicebloke

I thought would try rated people as they were offering free membership, and having spent well over an hour on the phone to them I got transferred to 5 different people who frankly didn't inspire much confidence in me to deal with a simple issue (their website actually says free membership in my situation which I made all of them aware of). The professionalism is very much much lacking in how their staff come across. It took 6 people to get me signed up and then the free membership was £6 to start with so not free (not a massive amount accepted but not free).

I have sent them 4 emails regarding an issue putting my picture on their website and haven't even had an acknowledgement to any of them let alone a resolution.

I have been on the phone to them for about 25 minutes so far (as I type this) and the first person transferred me to someone else (probably end up speaking to 6 people again).

I still have some credit they gave me on my account, but it doesn't look like I will ever get to use it because rated people are such a bunch of cowboys.

Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they're anything like the call center I'm currently working in they probably have a backlog of emails (7500 in my case)

No a solution to your problem but a bit of context.

This morning we just deleted all of our backlogs. No response at all.

Need to save up to start my course quick!

I thought would try rated people as they were offering free membership, and having spent well over an hour on the phone to them I got transferred to 5 different people who frankly didn't inspire much confidence in me to deal with a simple issue (their website actually says free membership in my situation which I made all of them aware of). The professionalism is very much much lacking in how their staff come across. It took 6 people to get me signed up and then the free membership was £6 to start with so not free (not a massive amount accepted but not free).

I have sent them 4 emails regarding an issue putting my picture on their website and haven't even had an acknowledgement to any of them let alone a resolution.

I have been on the phone to them for about 25 minutes so far (as I type this) and the first person transferred me to someone else (probably end up speaking to 6 people again).

I still have some credit they gave me on my account, but it doesn't look like I will ever get to use it because rated people are such a bunch of cowboys.

Rant over.
waste of time.they sell a lead to 3 or 4 sparks, then the lowest bidder gets the job. even if you get the job.it's probably 40 miles away for a call-out fee of £40. the lead has cost you a tenner. fuel a tenner, so you're left with a score. not worth the hassle.

IMG_2256.JPG
waste of time.they sell a lead to 3 or 4 sparks, then the lowest bidder gets the job. even if you get the job.it's probably 40 miles away for a call-out fee of £40. the lead has cost you a tenner. fuel a tenner, so you're left with a score. not worth the hassle.

I think you are right it does seem a waste of time. I gave up waiting on the phone after 30+ minutes. Glad I wasn't silly enough to pay the £180 a year joining fee.

I got a little job out of my builder last week, but that is also a bit of a waste of time because some of the so called sparks agree to do work for peanuts so you have little hope of getting the work going up against them. The job I went to the guy had used my builder for other so called trade peoples jobs (non electrical) and the decorating I saw was amateurish along with the very poor quality tiling. Surprisingly though he was happy with the work?

Above is the very first picture I looked at of another spark on my builder showing off his handy work.

Word of mouth doesn't work anymore then?

I am starting to get word of mouth recommendations, but it is slow because I was last self employed as a spark quite a few years ago so I lost all the customer contacts I had built up so am almost starting fresh again.

That was the very first picture I looked at of another so called spark showing off his quality work who put in for the same job as me. Suffice to say he got the job:)

Very unjust. What is going on in the U.K?

Some people want as cheap as possible and quality doesn't always seem to matter as long as their sockets/lights work they are happy, and sites like 'rated people' and 'my builder' are like auction sites where people select the cheapest so called professional trades person, who are all fighting for the work at often silly rates.

Is there a comments section? People should be called out for posting pictures like that. Or if it does get posted, then should be to rubbish electrical FB page

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Rated people - What a Joke They are! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net