Discuss Rcbo On A Busbar Protected By Rcb in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E.E.I

-
Reaction score
Hi just looking for your opinions on putting an RCBO on as busbar protected by an RCD, the reason i ask is the manufacturer doesnt make a 45A MCB but does make a 45A RCBO.

or leave the circuit on a 40A MCB even though the manufacturer of the oven asks for a 45A supply?

I very much doubt the cooker will pull 40A let alone 45A

What make and model of cooker is it?

The board is Eaton memshield 3

The cooker is a Belling Classic 90E they recomend a 45A supply but from memory i think its about 15kW, im guesing they have taken diversity into account.

Cooker switches are rated at 45A. That's probably what they mean.
What's the worst that will happen if you keep it on a 40A MCB instead of increasing it to 45A?

Reply to Rcbo On A Busbar Protected By Rcb in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock