Discuss RCBO Question... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
when i try to test an RBCO at the DB it trips as soon as the test probes touch the terminals, this only seems to happen with Bill/MEM RCBOs, it doesnt happen with Merlin or Square D. I'm using a standard Robin RCD tester. Any idea why???

seem to remember a thread a while ago that some RCBOs needed the fly lead disconnecting . not too sure exactly what it was . i don't use many RCBOs, myself.

so's the ex-wife. glad i don't have to reset that any more.

Try disconnecting the outgoing cable from the RCBO and put a short length of wire in the terminals and test from there. Had the opposite problem on a MEM RCBO where I couldn't get it to trip at all so may be a similar issue. Worth a go anyway.

It could well be due to the electronics in the meter if you are putting one probe on at a time it may cause an imbalance when the second probe is connected ,try switching off the RCBO putting both your leads on then switching back on and then testing just a thought

Reply to RCBO Question... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I will start with apologies, as I have not thought this through very much (at all) yet and have just sat down with a beer.... meaning I thought...
Replies
Views
Just wondering what this might be. It was a brand new Schneider RCBO fit into an older Square D board. RCBO fit on the non RCD side. Everything...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi all just wondering if I could pick you brains, I was doing a ze today on a consumer unit, 80amp rcd main switch, (the test button wasnt...
Replies
Views
I've started to move over to AMD 2 forms for my CU installs, if only because the schedule is so much easier to tick and I can stop sticking labels...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock