Discuss RCBO Trip times very strange. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cdmh electrical

Hi when testing an rcbo trip times with 2 vapour proof fittings switched on the times were 378 on times 1 and 154 on times 5 but when i test the rcbo with the vapour proof fittings switched off the times are 21 times 1 and 19 times 5 has anyone had this before. i am using a calibrated robin seperate tester.

you should test the RCD without loads connected. it looks like the fittings are buggering up your tests.

dunno where it is . i generally test RCDs at sockets but if i get strange readings, then test at RCD with loads off.

no, because connected loads can affect the readings. strange because you want the RCD to trip in real life conditions. i.e. with all loads connected.

I wanted to no weather it should trip out under normal conditions which tel had just explained above . If u haven't got anything helpful to say mate u might as well shut the **** up

Reply to RCBO Trip times very strange. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a home lighting circuit 6A RCBO provides power to 13 bulbs which randomly keeps tripping, when I say randomly it keeps...
Replies
Views
Rcbo tripping on 1/2 settings with load connectted but ok when load disconnected all other tests are fine… FI required but any thoughts on this😎
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
There are 2 inverters feeding into a dorman smith C16 rcbo , every time I visit this site (communal area power) it has tripped. it switches on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock