Discuss Rcbo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Steve,

Cheap enough price but you do wonder if these were part of arecall batch? I recall seeing a recall on Wylex for some MCBs but cant remeber if it was for RCBOs. I wouldnt like to say what the guarantee would be or wether the RCBO manufacturer would be happy to see goods sold on Ebay if these were really below list price.

Ebay strikes again.....

Best wishes,

Rex

Steve,

You seemed to be the first on here to try the Zehler stuff from Meteor guys, so it will only be fair for you to take the leap again!:D

Meteour...!! Electrical Wholesaler with a reputation and insurance...

Ebay Sellers...!!"possibly" a Counter Fit Electrical Wholesaler with a dodgy reputation and no insurance..!!

Thanks for the advise, was going to buy the lot from them will just stick to the CU and RCBO's.

Any ideas where to get a good price on the Klik Socket? got about a hundred Klik plugs!

sorry mate no idea..!!

i got cavity boxes (all them since been replaced as they lugs just come away with screw)
extractor fan, looked cheap felt cheap
smoke detector same again looked and felt cheap

dont let me put you off the rest of stuff as it may be better but i get just a good deal on sockets and stuff from wholesalers so just stick to what i know... (i use BG Nexus Range)

Justed priced up a CU with 5 RCBO £70 :)

closest to that was

Hager = 165.96
Chint = 116.85
Wylex = 159.87
CP = 130.06
Crabtree = 202.31
CED = 117.74

however ts going in my parents house so im going with Hager as i Kinda trust them a little bit more lol....

I think meteor are class. Some of the stuff does look cheap but then again it is! Great when you're working to a budget. Steve do you mean dry lining boxes or steel knock-outs? I have been using knock out boxes from them lately and they have been fine except one or two had the unfixed-lug missing (did a Pennywise on them and worked fine), but if their dry lining boxes are rubbish I'll steer clear.
A lot of cheap accessories can be a nightmare to work with, I've found them to be pretty good, actually (for cheap stuff) maybe you just got a bad batch (or maybe you have expensive tastes!)
CUs can't be beaten. The tenner delivery on small orders is a pain in the backside, though.

i got a copy of the TLC catalogue in my van along with elecfix and tradepoint..!! if i not sure what the hell it is i just point and say one of them...! how much and can you beat elecfix!!

[hi, anyone knows?? ring on rcbo, after using the extractor hood about 10 min...everything ok. when i switch the extractor hood off rcbo trips. same thing with the hob when is switched off customer said (own mcb)- rcbo trips. :confused: i have checked all wire, all connections, nothing seems to be wrong. Any clue? thanks

those jobs where cash is tight the proelect CDU from CPC RCBO's, 11.95 ,mcb's 0.95 ,Dist board with main switch £23.00 ,17th DB dual rcd £47.00 loaded not the worlds greatest DB but ,RCBO tripping times 23.6 x 1 11.2 x 5 on average Ramp tests 23 ma ive used quite a few never had any problems

web: cpconline

Hi Rocker,

Just to let you know, we've reduced our delivery charge to £5 for orders under £75 last week.

Also Myself and DurhamSparky are both working closely to get to the bottom of his experiance with the dry lining boxes....

we sell 1000's each month of this product and this our first issue reported... these are Decoduct brand, the same dry lining boxes you will find in alot of CEF branches....

We've went through a rigorous quality check on our current stock and the quality is top notch,

Eoin

Reply to Rcbo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net