Discuss RCD 0.0s?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Loopytunes

Hi all,

Just back from an EICR where one of the RCDS was testing out at 0.0ms for the 1/2, 1 and 5 tests both ways, not had this problem before, can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance,

Loops

te terminals with no load connected. if still duff readings, then it's a duff RCD

RCD 0.0s?? High_power_torch - EletriciansForums.net
Hi all,

Just back from an EICR where one of the RCDS was testing out at 0.0ms for the 1/2, 1 and 5 tests both ways, not had this problem before, can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance,

Loops

Here you go mate

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Loops

Not had it for all 6 measurements, when I have had it on isolated occassions I have assumed the trip time was quicker than the tester could actually measure (I assume your using a Fluke)

What type of RCD is it. Is your meter set for that type. Have you ramped it?

It's a 30mA RCD tested using a Fluke 1651b which has no ramp test, tested using correct settings, wired up and isolated same results, was thinking duff RCD but wanted to check to see if this has happened to anyone before?

The op still hasn't stated what TYPE of RCD it is.

Apologies, it is a Contactum 63A 30mA DP RCD in a domestic property -

Associated standards:
BS EN 61008

Rated voltage:
220-250V

Rated current:
63A

Rated frequency:
50-60Hz

Switched poles :
2 pole

Minimum switch contact gap :
4 mm

Ambient operating temperature:
-5 to 40°C (24hour average not exceeding 25°C)

Maximum installation altitude :
2000m

So if it's type B have you got your tester set to DC. Has it got the type B symbol below.

Attachments

• RCD 0.0s?? image - EletriciansForums.net
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 86
Ok then as you've edited your previous post. What symbol is on the RCD.

Reply to RCD 0.0s?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock