Discuss Rcd advice needed faulty or fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Problem is now fixed the live off 32amp mcb was obviously causing the circuit to trip as resistance check wasn' connecting thanks to everyone who has helped and I tested n-e with multi meter with no shorts anywhere so rechrckef lives to find one had snapped
A high resistance connection will not cause an RCD to trip and a multimeter will not output sufficient voltage to show up most faults.
Good luck with your continuing electrical career.

A high resistance connection will not cause an RCD to trip and a multimeter will not output sufficient voltage to show up most faults.
Good luck with your continuing electrical career.
Well it's fixed I redone earths as Well as I think 1 had come out and exterminated all the neutrals I was going to tidy box up but left as it was as it was signed off like it before.

Things are all connected correctly it's not like ive added it to a non protected rcd circuit so a loose connection could have been there asWell, i haven't dangerously bypassed anything or added to a non rcd side like some cowboys would do it's all connected as should be and not tripping.

Also like I said yesterday when wired to a light bulb it also tripped so wasn't tripping under load even with shower was the same after doing fuse box today tested with light bulb and didn't trip fault is fixed not bodged or covered up.

Last edited:
Well it's fixed I redone earths as Well as I think 1 had come out and exterminated all the neutrals I was going to tidy box up but left as it was as it was signed off like it before.

Things are all connected correctly it's not like ive added it to a non protected rcd circuit so a loose connection could have been there asWell, i haven't dangerously bypassed anything or added to a non rcd side like some cowboys would do it's all connected as should be and not tripping.

Also like I said yesterday when wired to a light bulb it also tripped so wasn't tripping under load even with shower was the same after doing fuse box today tested with light bulb and didn't trip fault is fixed not bodged or covered up.

Are you a dalek?

Are you a dalek?
Lmfao meant to say re-terminated that' Samsung auto correct for you and the fuse box is also being changed soon in the house as it's a plastic one.
Due to current regs with the 3 yearly check I am aware that being under the stairs that they now have to be metal and non combustible with current regs.

Will have to post a pic of my consumer unit in the property I rent you will all comment on that

Are you a dalek?
Its not the neutral he will be exterminating if it all goes wrong, it will be the poor sod in the shower or house when it goes kaput who will exterminated.... its okay though they might find his fingerprints all over the CU so guilty as charged your honour. I don't think he will be able to use the competent person defence!

This has gotta be a wind up by admin surely. 3yr checks, needing to change board, broken ring and the 16A light cct.... It's not making much sense at all. I'm not gonna bite again after this message.

Its not the neutral he will be exterminating if it all goes wrong, it will be the poor sod in the shower or house when it goes kaput who will exterminated.... its okay though they might find his fingerprints all over the CU so guilty as charged your honour. I don't think he will be able to use the competent person defence!
No finger prints as I wore my marigolds

Lmfao meant to say re-terminated that' Samsung auto correct for you and the fuse box is also being changed soon in the house as it's a plastic one.
Due to current regs with the 3 yearly check I am aware that being under the stairs that they now have to be metal and non combustible with current regs.

Will have to post a pic of my consumer unit in the property I rent you will all comment on that

what 3 year check?

Who says that they have to be metal?

what 3 year check?

Who says that they have to be metal?
Due to owning the house and renting out it needs to be electrical checked every 3 years and gas safety to be done each year maybe differet in other areas but here has to be complied with.
I know a few other landlords who have had to have consumer unit changed to a metal casing due to the new amendment regs being put in place so under current guidelines when the next inspection is due it will need to be changed and replaced.

Copy here of regs Consumer units - IET Electrical - http://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/55/consumer-units/index.cfm

Due to owning the house and renting out it needs to be electrical checked every 3 years and gas safety to be done each year maybe differet in other areas but here has to be complied with.
I know a few other landlords who have had to have consumer unit changed to a metal casing due to the new amendment regs being put in place so under current guidelines when the next inspection is due it will need to be changed and replaced.

Copy here of regs Consumer units - IET Electrical - http://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/55/consumer-units/index.cfm
Deleted due to I said I was out

...landlords who have had to have consumer unit changed to a metal casing due to the new amendment regs being put in place so under current guidelines when the next inspection is due it will need to be changed and replaced.

Reg.421.1.201 is applicable to new installations designed after 01/01/16 and there is currently no requirement to replace old plastic CUs with metal. However, I can see insurance companies picking up on this in the future and incentivising replacement with a discount (or should I say a smaller increase than otherwise), in the same way that if you have a monitored alarm system with RedCare, this greatly helps on home insurance costs, particularly on larger properties.

Reply to Rcd advice needed faulty or fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net