Discuss rcd protection- barber shop in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
afternoon guys

think i know answer to my question but wanted to double check

my barber (quite friendly with him so wanted to help him out!) asked me to do his barber shop eicr (only a small 6way c/u) anyways just had a brief look and its an old board with wylex push in reto 60898s- no rcd protection

the shop is ground level

would you guys c2 no rcd protection to socket outlets or with commerical is it different?

head says it just same as it would be for domestic so c2

On site guide. 3.6.2.

Omission of RCD Protection

In the following circumstances.

Non domestic premises, where a documented risk assessment determines that RCD Protection is not necessary.

If a non rcd protected socket was right by an external door and likely to be used for outdoor equipment C2, otherwise C3 for the ground floor sockets. (Providing acceptable EFLI readings obtained)

@buzz I believe the above document is irrelevant, the op is asking about an EICR not a new install.

Also the document is not current, its pre amendment 3.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here? You stated above you'd C2 sockets without RCD protection, which in general is incorrect for domestic or non-domestic.

Are they likely to be using Portable /mobile equipment outside?
Do any unprotected sockets give rise to danger?(external influences)
This would influence my choice of code

Last edited:
Tis not the socket which gives rise to danger but appliances using said sockets. Don't worry about the ifs and maybes the fact is they have no rcd protection and this is the statement of fact you use, Code it, move on.

Reply to rcd protection- barber shop in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net