Discuss RCD protection to Hi Tuff in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blue eyes

Hi Guys

Been to see a job for a mate of mine who is in a bit of a money pit.we have completed all house new dual RCD mains with non RCD way ready for the shed supply.
he has had a peice of Hi Tuff donated. to be cliped externaly 300mm down into a duct buried and marking taped.
now I would normally use SWA for this but I see nothing ruling this hi tuff out.
the hi tuff will not be RCD protected having new RCD board in shed.
the reason I would usualy use SWA is for the added Earthed protection due to the submain not having RCD protection but in reality the duct is 400mm deep and damage is unlikely.

any remarks

no...use an armoured here....
i gather the earthing arrangements are TN yes....
i would use an armoured...or micc (unlikely)...unles you have some kickin around that is...

The requirement to RCD protect buried un-armoured cables only applies to cables within a wall or partition.....522.6.6. and 522.6.7
For un-armoured cables buried in the ground there is no requirement for RCD protection but if they do not incorporate an earthed sheath or enclosure they must be enclosed in a duct providing equivalent mechanical protection....it's doubtful a plastic duct will meet the requirements of 522.8.10.
Use SWA.

Reply to RCD protection to Hi Tuff in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have an SWA 3 core armoured cable buried that runs to my back garden. This originally serviced an...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m after some advice, I am doing a restaurant fit out involving a number tables that have hot pots built into the table, for customers to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice on a garden supply project. An existing small garden shed is being replaced which had a supply to it for a light and two...
Replies
Views
Okay! So, I’m looking to plug a knowledge gap. The set up is a DB in a main dwelling and a second DB in an outbuilding. The supply from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ive had a NAPIT qualified electrician out to install a new feed to the garage along with a new consumer unit in there. Its a short distance of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock