Discuss RCD Protection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jimmyb

If you go to extend a ring main and the board is all covered by a single RCD do you need to update to minimize danger in a event of a fault, e.g move circuit to seperate board (well quoted to move light circuit to seperate board) because i lost out due to cost of doing this and the other company got the job and they just extended the circuit.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to extend a ring main and the board is all covered by a single RCD do you need to update to minimize danger in a event of a fault, e.g move circuit to seperate board (well quoted to move light circuit to seperate board) because i lost out due to cost of doing this and the other company got the job and just extended the circuit.:confused:

It's fine, just note the single rcd in the 'comments on existing installation' box on your MEIWC

Reply to RCD Protection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I have a little conundrum I need to get resolved. I’ve moved an EV charger from a single phase board that was on a 40a breaker and...
Replies
Views
When doing an EIC for an additional circuit (which only covers that circuit), does the 'main switch/switch-fuse/circuit-breaker/RCD' section refer...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I am looking to add 4 additional sockets for a room that is being converted for a bed ridden person. The room at present has no sockets in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock