Discuss rcd 's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just to elaborate for the OP they can have different max current ratings eg 63A or 80A and they can have different trip ratings eg 30mA, 100mA and 300mA and some can be time delayed - depends what the installation requires:)

Depending how and what is backing up the garage board ie: where it is fed from and what over current device is backing it up? will depend on what you use in the garage board as a main switch.

Can any rcd be used for a main switch as they are DP for example to a second consumer in a garage.

cheers

Reply to rcd 's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was wondering if someone might be able to help either confirm or change my understanding on the use of S-Type RCDs. I believe that they can be...
Replies
Views
I wondered if it is OK to have 2 x Main Switches in the same consumer unit. One feeding the RCBOs in the House and one feeding the CU in a garage...
Replies
Views
Given the RCD pictured below With the manufacturers instructions here: Am i right in interpreting that as well as being able to bring the...
Replies
Views
Ok, most new Consumer unit seem to come with a 63A RCCB and two MCBs. Most house consumer units now will also have RCD of some type be it a dual...
Replies
Views
Surely if you fit an RCBO on each circuit, an RCD is not required? Of course, a DP Main switch would be to cut all power, but like I ask, is the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock