Currently reading:
RCD Test failure question

Discuss RCD Test failure question in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Without the details, its difficult to say for sure, but on face value both rcds need to be replaced, it's a matter of isolating, removing the existing and installing new then testing, £200 doesn't sound too far out if there is two, but still depends on the make.

However since both have failed, this may suggest a common fault, either in testing or the wiring itself in which case it may require investigation.

Not that I can remember, but we did have an issue with the shower, so that might explain that... the rest just doesn’t tally does it?

The change of the shower MCB may well be related to the issue you had with the shower and that is the likely answer to that one.

The failure of an RCD is unusual, for two to fail the same is very very unusual. I would be testing for other faults which can prevent RCDs from tripping before just replacing them. Otherwise you may end up with 2 brand new RCDs not tripping.

possible N-E fault??? as i said in post #13

Reply to RCD Test failure question in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock