Discuss RCD TESTING HOW LONG TIME WISE in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MG201

-
Reaction score
HI a question for those in the know , how long does it take to do RCD testing , eg an 8 hour day or if you were working away from home maybe a 10/12 hour day ..how many would you expect a qualified spark to do ? if you can give a upper and lower range please, also is there any short cuts that they might take that can be watched out for ?
thanks for any advice much appreciated

Just RCD testing ? My meter runs through its auto test sequence in around 2 minutes.
The amount able to be done would depend more on the operational limitations and access to equipment rather than the testing itself. This makes it a "how long is a bit of string" sort of answer.

Just RCD testing ? My meter runs through its auto test sequence in around 2 minutes.
The amount able to be done would depend more on the operational limitations and access to equipment rather than the testing itself. This makes it a "how long is a bit of string" sort of answer.
so if no limitations around 15/20 an hour would be ok ?

HI a question for those in the know , how long does it take to do RCD testing , eg an 8 hour day or if you were working away from home maybe a 10/12 hour day ..how many would you expect a qualified spark to do ? if you can give a upper and lower range please, also is there any short cuts that they might take that can be watched out for ?
thanks for any advice much appreciated
About 3

I'm guessing you're not an Electrician yourself and are either a site manager or an agency aiming to squeeze as much out of the people working for you as possible

hire someone you can trust to do the job safely and properly and you'll have no issues. If you start putting tight time constraints on the job then that's when they'll be more likely to make short cuts.

If you're pricing the job for someone else then get someone with more experience to price it up or you'll end up costing yourself or your company money.

Anyway everyone knows an RCD test takes milliseconds or less than 5 seconds anyway :eek:

With no restrictions and the rcds not being Memshield 2 I could knock out 15 to 20 in 10 minutes, my tester obviously is not one of the modern temperamental ones. Why are you wanting to solely test quantities of rcds in an 8 hour stretch.

With no restrictions and the rcds not being Memshield 2 I could knock out 15 to 20 in 10 minutes, my tester obviously is not one of the modern temperamental ones. Why are you wanting to solely test quantities of rcds in an 8 hour stretch.
One word, Money.

I'm guessing you're not an Electrician yourself and are either a site manager or an agency aiming to squeeze as much out of the people working for you as possible

hire someone you can trust to do the job safely and properly and you'll have no issues. If you start putting tight time constraints on the job then that's when they'll be more likely to make short cuts.

If you're pricing the job for someone else then get someone with more experience to price it up or you'll end up costing yourself or your company money.

Anyway everyone knows an RCD test takes milliseconds or less than 5 seconds anyway :eek:
as said or other thread im a manager, getting moved to a diffrent site a large school , and this is part of the FM getting done just wanting a guide to what i can expect , they will be a reputable company this is only from my personal info , as to what i can expect

as said or other thread im a manager, getting moved to a diffrent site a large school , and this is part of the FM getting done just wanting a guide to what i can expect , they will be a reputable company this is only from my personal info , as to what i can expect
So do you not have any technical experience, as a manager you can't rely on information from a forum, how will you know your staff aren't extracting the urine?

In that case expect 2 RCD tests a day and pay the electrician £500 a day. .

. . On a totally unrelated issue I'm available for work :D

so many variables. if you have 10 RCDs in the same location, then including time to remove and refit covers/lids, disconnect circuits from RCDs ( if done properly ), maybe 10 in an hour. if the 10 are scattered around a site. they might take all day.

if it's a school as OP says, could be they want RCD tests done quarterly or whatever. this could be, however, just by test button?????.

Reply to RCD TESTING HOW LONG TIME WISE in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock