Discuss rcd times at x1 and times x5 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

james king

this is confusing me.

now i know that the rcd times are ....

bsen 61008 and 9 should be less then 300ms
bs 4239 should be less than 200ms
rcd sokets at 200ms

but say i have tested a rcd at x1 180 degree = 35.2 and x5 at 180degree at = 12.6

if i remeber correctly is it

x1= max 50ms
x5 = max 40ms ?

thank u acat.

what i do is put down the highest reading i get so eg.....

x1 0' = 26.6
x1 180' = 35.2

x5 0' = 7.6
x5 180' = 12.6

so i would use 35.2 and 12.6 correct?

yes you record the highest one time value if the cert does not have space for 1x and 5x. If it has room for both record both

Reply to rcd times at x1 and times x5 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, just a quick one regarding RCD disconnection times. So for non rcd protected circuits disconnection times of 0.4 / 5 seconds and 0.2 /...
Replies
Views
Hi all Can someone please explain what I’m missing regarding RCD’s Here’s what I understand so if you can help me fill in the blanks I’d much...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am seeing different figures here all over the net, table3a (p363) states a 30ma RCD has a trip time of 300ms max. So at 5x is the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, As we all know the new 18th certs only have the facility to record the x1 trip time of a circuits RCD in the test results page...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
Could anyone confirm if we test 100mA RCD's at x5? There is a lot of information on the web that says you only test at x1 but Table 3a in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock