Discuss rcd trip in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fire

i have a back boiler with a 2 port zone valve, pump, cyliner stat and 7 day digital programmer.

the problem is when the boiler is on it occassionally trips the boiler (about 4 times a week) not all the time.

i have replaced the zone vale, cylinder stat and the programmer and this still happens, what else could it be?

Fan cables shorting out etc. Any signs of minor water leaks, i.e. drips etc?

boiler is about 15 years old, no leaks anywhere and there is no fan, its a back boiler with chimney duct throo the roof.

If it is a Baxi and it has not been serviced regularly/properly the flame laps over the top of the boiler and burns the supply cable, depending on how they have routed it.

PS or the pump may be on it's way out.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just athought, I had a problem a couple of years ago on an older Boiler and that was the Radio interference suppressor across the mains connection, looks like a black piece of wire across the terminals; took out the RCD everytime it fired up. Spoke to a Gasman and he said they are forever breaking down and causing problems, worth a check anyway.

and that was the Radio interference suppressor across the mains

these little buggers always used to cause problems back in the 70s and 80s with TVs. we just snipped and binned them.

Reply to rcd trip in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
Can I supply my central heating (programmer, two port valves and boiler) via a fused spur taken from the immersion heater circuit? They’re...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you are well, I have fitted a few Nests but only to Combi, S and Y plan systems just been looking a job where I’m doing the kitchen...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
I had to wire in an extra 2 port valve today to protect a newly installed unvented cylinder (replacing the old gravity fed one) in a standard Y...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock