Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Rcd ????

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by vinny electric, Feb 17, 2012.

Discuss Rcd ???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. vinny electric

vinny electric Guest

do you need to protect a cooker with an RCD i have never heard of this before.
    i always thought a mcb was the only protection that was needed but seen on one of the messages a guy talking about needing an rcd for protecting a cooker ???????????????????

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    RCD is not needed for a cooker. only necessary to comply with 522.6.7. and 522.6.8 to protect the cable < 50mm buried etc. unless of course the cooker outlet incorprates a socket outlet.

3. vinny electric

vinny electric Guest

thanks for the reply im an Irish sparks heading over to England for work just trying to get my head around the English regs. in Ireland the cooker outlets with socket incorporated are banned but i see now y he would use RCD thanks
    ps im moving over to cheshire is there much work for electricians over there have lots of experience domestic,solar panels and PLC automation

4. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    well, as i'm on here at the moment, that tells you that work is slack. and here in cheshire, slack means non-existant.

5. Jel

Jel Regular EF Member

Depends what type of work you are looking for.
    If you move to London you will find site work if you have a JIB card. You can apply for this is you have the relevant qualifications.

6. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    london?? that's almost in france. :icon10:

7. Jel

Jel Regular EF Member

Haha worth the journey though:wheelchair:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.