Discuss Rcd ???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

vinny electric

do you need to protect a cooker with an RCD i have never heard of this before.
i always thought a mcb was the only protection that was needed but seen on one of the messages a guy talking about needing an rcd for protecting a cooker ???????????????????

RCD is not needed for a cooker. only necessary to comply with 522.6.7. and 522.6.8 to protect the cable < 50mm buried etc. unless of course the cooker outlet incorprates a socket outlet.

thanks for the reply im an Irish sparks heading over to England for work just trying to get my head around the English regs. in Ireland the cooker outlets with socket incorporated are banned but i see now y he would use RCD thanks
ps im moving over to cheshire is there much work for electricians over there have lots of experience domestic,solar panels and PLC automation

well, as i'm on here at the moment, that tells you that work is slack. and here in cheshire, slack means non-existant.

Depends what type of work you are looking for.
If you move to London you will find site work if you have a JIB card. You can apply for this is you have the relevant qualifications.

london?? that's almost in france. :icon10:

Reply to Rcd ???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
I’m going to call an electrician out on Monday, but curious if anyone has any ideas about this fault: I have a new kitchen fitted and two...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock