Discuss RCDs then RCBOs tripping. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Apart from that the RFC end to end readings etc are filled in against a 20a radial [wrong box] and the 1.5mm main lights circuit also has a 1.5mm CPC apparently, does my head in the lack of care on an important certificate.

It works the other way around too, when you have a mate do all the lighting and you do all the sockets on a rewire. You sit and start filling out the forms by hand (Tablet not working) and just as you're finishing off he decides to mention that he did the lights in 1mm not 1.5mm. (Sigh)

did nobody pick up the main switch bs5419 not 100 amp main switch on test sheet and Rcbos for circuits and you wonder why he has a problem.
Not sure what you are getting at Buzz, regarding the use of RCBOs, could be missing something though.

On the basis the OP has chosen to conceal when they are on the forum I can only suggest they are not intending to take this further ............

The supplier isn't going to do much more unless you can prove that your installation isn't clear.

I would find another electrician ............... issuing an EIC with no IR tests completed isn't a satisfactory way to conduct such a change and certification IMHO

I'd get him back to do it properly and if he won't I'd complain to NICEIC as that's apparently who he's registered with. I think I'm right in saying they don't like/allow non NICEIC sparks to use NICEIC headed forms.

I'd get him back to do it properly and if he won't I'd complain to NICEIC as that's apparently who he's registered with. I think I'm right in saying they don't like/allow non NICEIC sparks to use NICEIC headed forms
what are you on about ,there is serial number on the test sheet that will show which NICEIC electrician has them .

I don't use the NICEIC forms so aren't aware if the serial numbers are allocated to specific electricians or just there to number the form

Yes they are, you actually buy the numbers from them when you purchase the certs. Yes people are actually stupid enough to buy a number from them rather than use a generic cert and put their own number on them for a lot less cost.

I had a strange tripping fault some time back in a row of terraced Tudor cottages, it turned out to be the next door neighbours kettle, don't diss-miss the neighbours comment above, they could have timed appliance's.

Reply to RCDs then RCBOs tripping. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock