Discuss RDC trips on pump/motor circuits. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Busbar

:banghead:

Three separate circuits:

1. Pool pump.
2. Cold water tank pressure pump.
3. Jacuzzi pump.

Front end: All three circuit above are protected by a single 40A RCD 30mA.
Individual circuit MCB's provide over current protection. These are rated for the job i.e. 6, 6, 16 amp.
All pump motors are single phase split field.

Why does each circuit trip the RCD when powered on?

Is it the split field capacitor causing an unbalance? If it is, what is the answer?

I would welcome any pointers as to the reason(s) why and any fixes available.

Reply to RDC trips on pump/motor circuits. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a submersed bore pump 85M down and covered by 40M water. The motor/pump is 1.1HP, capacitor run, 35uF in a capacitor box above ground, with...
Replies
Views
Would you consider a single phase Shower Pump Motor operating with a temperature high enough to burn finger tips touching the motor body, to be...
Replies
Views
Customer has a large metal caravan with three phase supply feeding 3 metal Consumer units with split load RCD outlets contained within - all...
Replies
Views
I am the homeowner of a hot tub that's been working for well for 6 years. One day the water began to provide a shocking sensation which would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a dedicated 32A circuit to feed a motor which according to the data plate is 3.0kW and 16.6 Amps, single phase. It is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock