Discuss Re-setting a Scantronic alarm - help needed! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I have bought a home with a 500r Scantronic alarm which needed a new battery in the main box. My partner stupidly didnt read the manual, opened the box in our loft and set the internal alarm off once he 'replaced' the battery. Our code didn't work, and it sounded off until he disconnected the battery and then it sounded outside for a short while and he typed in 1234. So it killed the alarm but now I have no idea how to get it sorted and he is NOT ALLOWED to touch it again!
Can anyone help? We called the number on the outside alarm box and the guy hasn't returned my call or message. (Great) Lots of other companies we found online also couldn't help due to it not being fitted by them :(
Hoping someone can help please!

Hi & welcome: To be honest, it may not be as simple as just doing a reset but isn't there a button marked Reset on the front of those ? Are there any trouble lights showing on the front of the panel ?.
OK, I just pulled the user guide & it says to reset after an alarm, enter the user code and then press 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Re-setting a Scantronic alarm - help needed! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everybody. We had a Texecom system installed 3 years ago. Earlier this year we had a battery problem and the installer came back and changed...
Replies
Views
Hello. Wondering if someone could give me some advice on my Veritas alarm. I recently had an extended power cut, when the power was...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
im not sure where to post this.. and I need help [ I posted here because i guess Heating systems may need a hole this big , and this is the only...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone maybe able to help. We have a Horstmann electronic 7 that's connected to the water heater element(everything been great for years)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock