Discuss RE: XS Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi, just come across your thread. I’ve just completed and received my certificates for NVQ 3 through XS Training and can highly recommend them as a training provider.
I started the course through VQ Training before they changed their trading name to XS, which believe has caused some worry to people about their service.
Had no problems myself and the course took round about 8 months to complete.

www.whites-electrical.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bumping this, anyone else have any experiance of XStraining or as Russty said the previous VQ training? Thinking about doing the NVQ 3 in electrotechnical installation.
Thanks in advance

i registered with them and i am nearly finished my nvq very helpful you can ring your assessor anytime he gives you his mobile and house number , replies to your emails and assessments very quickly value money

Just finished mine with trade skills only took 10 weeks which i believe to be the minimum. Would recommend them to anyone

Just finished my NVQ3 with XS Ttraining, took me 5 months and is alot of work!! i work abroad and had loads of time on my hands to do it and i still had to put the hours in, but well worth it. wish i had done it when i was 18 though instead of 30! David from XS Training was really supportive and helpfull, all of my correspondence was by email cos of where i work and this proved no problem at all, emails were answered within 24 hrs max, he told me if a site diary was good enough and also told me if it was rubbish, i payed through paypal just over 100 quid a month for 6 months, finished the nvq with 1 month still to pay! all in all i would def reccomend XS.

yes mate I too am using XS training and I also have david as my assessor he is always on hand to give advise if needed

and I agree its loads of hard work uploading the pics takes ages and attaching especially if you upload loads as i did PROB more than needed lol

Just finished my NVQ3 with XS Ttraining, took me 5 months and is alot of work!! i work abroad and had loads of time on my hands to do it and i still had to put the hours in, but well worth it. wish i had done it when i was 18 though instead of 30! David from XS Training was really supportive and helpfull, all of my correspondence was by email cos of where i work and this proved no problem at all, emails were answered within 24 hrs max, he told me if a site diary was good enough and also told me if it was rubbish, i payed through paypal just over 100 quid a month for 6 months, finished the nvq with 1 month still to pay! all in all i would def reccomend XS.

Great post Frank, makes all those who think that this qualification is just about getting a few photos think again. Make no mistake this NVQ is the largest one out there and it certainly is not a doddle and you do need decent evidence etc to successfully complete it. Well done and congratulations.

Hi All

just wanted to give you a update on my NVQ 2356 and using XS taining as a provider

I have just completed my last diary and waiting for it to be checked and signed off its took some real effort and plenty of hours
My experience of XS training is they are very good

I first registered with them when it was VQ training and was a little worried initially but my assessor David A. has been a great help in explaining whats required and what evidence i would need to gather he explained what was happening and the whole process and from then on has been easier
and using the onefile system has helped as it can be accessed at anytime of day and by computer or mobile phone

If your willing to put the time and effort in then you will get your rewards
and I would highly recommend using XS training Provider
your assessor is always on hand to guide you if needed as i have found even in the early hours lol as i have completed most of mine during the nightime
you can contact your assessor by telephone or Private message which is responded to promptly

As other say it isnt a doddle but if you have the required work to get the required evidence then its possible if you are willing to put the time in

good luck to anyone considering but you had best get a move on as i believe last registration is 31st December

Congratulations Bruce and thanks for the positive feedback about XS Training. It's great to hear that you found the system easy to use as some people worry about the thought of completing an online course so it is great to hear that you found this system quite easy going.

As other people have testified this online NVQ is not a doddle and not just about collecting a few photos etc, you do have to put the time and effort into successfully achieving this qualification.

Congratulations again Bruce and well done. :cool3:

my assesspor was a **** at college, let just say he still dont think i did the work even low he visited me on site in all my write up lol

I'm having a real problem with being able to believe it's possible complete and gain a full NVQ 3 in just 10 weeks!!! To my mind, that is completely defeating the whole idea behind the NVQ 3 Qualification...

I'm having a real problem with being able to believe it's possible complete and gain a full NVQ 3 in just 10 weeks!!! To my mind, that is completely defeating the whole idea behind the NVQ 3 Qualification...

I don't think the NVQ actually teaches you anything? it's just a series of hoops you have to jump through in order to be "qualified" it's more like a test than a qualification

I don't think the NVQ actually teaches you anything? it's just a series of hoops you have to jump through in order to be "qualified" it's more like a test than a qualification

From what i understand, it's a program of being able to prove, you have knowledge and practical experience of different types of installation work etc, in a way a bit like AM 2.... Exactly what practical experience or the gaining of any knowledge you would gain in 10 weeks, is beyond me!!! Par for the course really these day's, ...everyone wants everything yesterday, or thinks, you can get experience in the blink of an eye. ....Unfortunately the real world just doesn't work that way!!!

i know but what if you had been working in the trade for years but have never done the NVQ? the 10 weeks doesn't relate to any learning time, it's how long it takes to do the NVQ

Reply to RE: XS Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net