Discuss really worn out today, heavy auto repair! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
had a very busy day today, I changed all four struts, ball joints, and control arm bushings on my old toyota highlander. beast of a job, and I am so glad I have the proper tools to do it.
that being said I'm getting too old to be horsing on wrenches likes that.
after getting cleaned up and eating dinner its hard to keep awake long enough to type this.
well at least I wont have to change them again on that vehicle.

Well done mate.
I too, used to enjoy fixing my old vans and cars. You get that satisfaction you can’t get when parting with cash to pay someone to do a job you can do.
Unfortunately I hardly get time to change the oil these days let alone strip another transit engine to get that extra 100k miles out of it.

Used to have a Morris minor van and could do any repair on it. But nowadays I look into my Mercedes vito and haven't a clue about how to start with it. Anyway I am definitely not able to get under and start spannering things anymore. Hat off to you!

Used to have a Morris minor van and could do any repair on it. But nowadays I look into my Mercedes vito and haven't a clue about how to start with it. Anyway I am definitely not able to get under and start spannering things anymore. Hat off to you!
The trouble is it takes 30 minutes trying to work out which bit of plastic covering in the engine you need to remove to get to the part you need to replace.

Last job I did was the steering joint on the E30 and it was satisfying to be able to do it without paying someone else for the pleasure and its always nice to learn something new.

Well done.
Nothing like satisfaction of right tools , for an easier job.
( and a loved one to nag you if you do overdo it ! )
I always did love a bit of ground clearance !
..except when comes time to buy tyres..

it's only 3 bolts. what could possibly go wrong?

the job's never right if you don't have some bits left over.

ha ha ha ha that reminds me of the time I changed the timing chain and gears on an olds delta 88 everything went together so smoothly until I spotted the fuel pump cam lying on the tool box.
my dad laughed like mad.
oh well it wasn't to long to pull the cover and put the cam in anyway.
but it taught me to carefully follow order of removal and re-installation.

Funny how it's ok to work on car's steering, brakes etc when not qualified or having correct equipment, but do anything to electrics under those circumstances and you are the spawn of Satan!

Reply to really worn out today, heavy auto repair! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock