Discuss Rear entry three phase board in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

My question would be, say if you're PFC and PSSC are less then 18,000 Amps, why would you use a MCCB over an MCB on a main DB supplying a sub DB?

Your tripping characteristics are completely different from your standard circuit breakers hence manufacturers data should be sought as have you never noticed how no maximum zs values are published in bs7671 regarding mccb’s?
They can have both the magnetic and overload characteristics set , depending on the application they are being used for and what they intended to supply and protect.

Okay Gigsy, from afar and not seeing the job first hand this is probably what I would do. Shorten the swa supply cable and make it off into a 63A isolator, from here take some 6181Y tails to the meter that way you have no unenclosed conductors. Those protective devices at the main board with the orange toggles are BS3871 Type 3, cant make out the other but it is not compatible with the enclosure and the cover has probably been cut away to fit it.

Okay Gigsy, from afar and not seeing the job first hand this is probably what I would do. Shorten the swa supply cable and make it off into a 63A isolator, from here take some 6181Y tails to the meter that way you have no unenclosed conductors. Those protective devices at the main board with the orange toggles are BS3871 Type 3, cant make out the other but it is not compatible with the enclosure and the cover has probably been cut away to fit it.
Thank you :)
I will not use rear entry again. From now on 4 inch metal trunking top and bottom into glands and make off the SWA into the board. And I would insist on the customer purchasing the meter designed to go in the board.

Reply to Rear entry three phase board in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net