Discuss Recent 2365 full time college qualified, how to get NVQ now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post on here. I have just completed my level 3 2365 course at my local college. Now as it was a full time course and not an apprenticeship I understand that I now need to do the on-site experience and complete a portfolio of evidence showing my work to gain the NVQ and become a qualified electrician.

My problem is that I don't know where I can find this portfolio and what is required. I understand it is from City and Guilds but how do I find this information and complete it to the standard required. Also I am confused about the change over from 2365 to 5357(?) and the issues that may come about because of this change over.

I am currently looking for work in my area and i'm hoping that as soon as I do start work that I can begin gathering the required evidence and start to complete this portfolio to gain the NVQ as soon as possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

A few things to put that may help you on here a little more.
What area in?
What sort of work and hours would you be intrested in?
Do you have a vehicle?
Tools?
CSCS Card?

A few things to put that may help you on here a little more.
What area in?
What sort of work and hours would you be intrested in?
Do you have a vehicle?
Tools?
CSCS Card?

Thanks for the reply, in answer to those questions I am looking at becoming a domestic installer, full time workm, I have a car, tools and a CSCS card.

But I don't know where I can get this portfolio information, and what is required in it.

Its just a bit mind boggling at the moment mate, all college work done, but none of the onsite stuff and no idea where to find the info.

(Also i've just realised i've posted this in the wrong place, sorry about that)

What area are you in? There may be someone on here who could put you in touch with companies local too you who could help, Also send your CV off to local companies with a accompanying letter asking if they have a position although it may only be as a sparks mate to start with.

What area are you in? There may be someone on here who could put you in touch with companies local too you who could help, Also send your CV off to local companies with a accompanying letter asking if they have a position although it may only be as a sparks mate to start with.

I'm in Hull mate. Sparkys mate will probs be the first stop for me and thats ok. Has to be done.

I've just started contacting companies in the area and awaiting responses from a few so fingers crossed.

Cheers for the responses mate

To complete your NVQ you will need to be working on sites that fits the portfolio.
You will need to apply for jobs as a mate or an improver Andy this way it will give you the chance to start your NVQ.

Reply to Recent 2365 full time college qualified, how to get NVQ now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net