Discuss Recent Home Improvements.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone is doing any home improvements at the moment.

I'm quite proud of myself having completed a bathroom refurbishment and also building an outdoor BBQ recently. I'm not much of a builder, plumber or tiler but I'm quite happy with the way the two projects came out.

Show me some pictures of things you've been busy with around your house, I'll post a few pics of my projects for your scrutiny as long as you go a little easy on the criticism.

This was the original bathroom, I was measuring it to see if I could remove the bath and fit a shower in;

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thing is you do all this and start getting annoyed because it's impossible to get the tiles all lined up as they seem to be different sizes once you get them on the wall! But then you look at the tiles in other people's houses and realise they're all worse;)
We did our own kitchen from a shell apart from the plaster boarding and skimming, that was 2 years ago and I'll send you the photos when we're doneo_O. Tiling we did a couple of months ago and that caused my one trip to AnE on the whole project.

Your kitchen tiling looks very neat to me. I think with tiling if you look at it close and long and hard you'll always find discrepencies, I don't think even good tilers manage to get rid of them, they're mostly a lot better at hiding them.

As long
Nice tiling, Marv! :) I hate every aspect of tiling.
I'm slightly concerned about your diet though, you appear to have a rather large quantity of lavatory paper at hand.
as it’s not intended for use all at the same time :confused:
Nice work Marv! toying with the idea myself but seems more simple to get someone else in currently painting my living room for what seems like an eternity around the 3million other things I’m doing:rolleyes:

Nice Job Marvo looks great.
I quite like the laying out part of tiling, it’s like a big puzzle, I soon get bored of sticking them on the wall tho!

Well thanks for the compliments, I think the problem when you do it yourself is that you know where every single flaw is which makes it difficult to step back and take a more holistic view of the finished job.

I've not seen the fake marble plastic sheets, we might not get them here. Do you install the sheets like tiles?

Reply to Recent Home Improvements.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net