Discuss Recent Home Improvements.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

IMG_9305.JPG
IMG_9311.JPG
IMG_9410.JPG
IMG_9311.JPG
IMG_9447.JPG

@Marvo, does your house have cavity walls, as in my house I had to insulate the external wall as no cavity and as it was a bathroom to reduce the chance of condensation.

Wow, Kropaske and SWD that's a complete house rebuild and way out of my league. Did you do the work yourself or was it contractors. It looks absolutely immaculate to me, a very high quality.

Last edited:
@Marvo, does your house have cavity walls, as in my house I had to insulate the external wall as no cavity and as it was a bathroom to reduce the chance of condensation.
We don't have cavity walls, they're what we call 'maxi-block' and something similar to this photo;
1.jpg

You do get cavity wall buildings here but not really the norm. Damp and condensation aren't an issue here like they are in the UK, where we are the ground is pure sand so drainage is good plus the warmer climate and lower rainfall helps.

Ah I forgot that your are in SA so no issues with damp, have you built a panic room with a fully armed gun cabinet?
I have a gun safe but no panic room. Always thought it was a bit pointless having both, you can't shoot at intruders if you're locked in a panic room.

Did you do the work yourself or was it contractors.

I had 1 contractor called "The Wife", well established firm all over the world. The best for logistics. I've send her once to get me some cables, she comes back 3 hours later with some shoes and clothes but no cable

Marvo your tiles are much more difficult to lay and considering the size you must be very patient man. I would give up after 5 mins...

Will have to dig out a photo for the two other wall hung units, didn't get installed at the time as money was tight pan, sink unit and storage units all wall hung, hate floor sitting pans.

Reply to Recent Home Improvements.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net