• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Recessed Halogen Downlighters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

terry_hughes41

Got a customer, Who's house and business premises we have the maintenance contract with, Just moved into a new house, with a large number of recessed halogen downlighters. She's complaining about the heat generated from them, I was thinking along the lines replacing them all with LED bulbs,
there seems to be a lot of crap out there with smoke and mirrors,
has anyone actually Tried .... and I mean bought and installed some and found them to be decent ?.

diamond LED lighting. 3watt GU10 fit £8 +vat. excellent , warm white best for living areas.

I had a similar experience in a shopfitting we done, The LED bulbs from QVS & WF are double dear for what they are, not very bright at all & I have installed (although keep it quiet) some LED bulbs that a customer got off ebay, which were about 80 round LEDs clustered together... They lasted about a week, Predictably.
I done a few of these now and only really found one worth installing again and again, We have tried a few.
Are yours Mains or 12 volt ?

I have seen ones like those Diamond ones on display, but not sure they are bright enough, the type with a metal casing, lens and 3 LED's inside.
Westham ;-), Most in her house I think are mains.

Ah mains, they are p**s easy to swap then, you just have to change the bulbs, Avoid the lens type mate, unless your clients like living in the dark, You want the Flat surface mounted LED type, Infinately better.

I can't remember if they came from a shop or we got them online, I just fit them, they are good though, think they came with quite a long warranty as well.

the diamond 3watt are really bright. i fitted 6 in our kitchen. aas bright as 50watt halogens.

Ah cheers fella's, I've had a look at them finbright ones, yea they look good.
I'll order a couple in the morning, see if they are up to the job, then probably go the whole hog.
cheers boys

Reply to Recessed Halogen Downlighters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back