Discuss Recessed MK boards .... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Ok - being very lazy and could do with some input from the collective!

Viewed a refurb the other day and the existing CU is one of these:

MK Recessed.jpg

So my question is - (I'm not a MK fan) is there an current product that would be an almost direct refit?

Thanks

MK make skeleton boards to fit mantel still as do other makes.
Google "Mk Skeleton"

They were specific I think but they do do other recessed boards also. Do you have dimensions?

Last edited:
Google "Mk Skeleton"
Murdoch don't like MK, TJ saw some Siemens ones at ELEX on Friday, give them a pattern of any decorations and they will offer a cover to the same pattern or color for a small price I would guess.

Google "Mk Skeleton"

They were specific I think but they do do other recessed boards also. Do you have dimensions?

I knew they are still available - just hoping somebody would know if the current ones would be a direct replacement?

I would say probably not. All there stuff will be based on the current A3 layout. I had an old plastic stacked one I replaced. The metal equivalent had slightly different dimensions.

If your client has got a few bob, when not convince them about the Hager 50. You can have them painted any colour or bespoke artwork. They even have it sprayed that camel ---- green colour :D

Murdoch don't like MK, TJ saw some Siemens ones at ELEX on Friday, give them a pattern of any decorations and they will offer a cover to the same pattern or color for a small price I would guess.
Sorry duff info should say Hagar not Siemens

Why does it have to be MK?
It doesn't, but you will need to be sure that the new OCPDs or RCBOs meet the requirements of BS EN 61439-3, or even a product recall, failure to do so could result in a F1 or even a C1 or C2 on any future EICRs

It’s in the hall, so a surface unit won’t really be a suitable replacement

I’ve sent the photo to MK now so I’ll let you know what they say ..... their website is carp
Let the Forum know Murdoch, it will be interesting.

Reply to Recessed MK boards .... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net