Discuss Recommend a IP65 consumer unit please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1Justin

-
Arms
Reaction score
Could someone recommend me a 7 unit wide (minimum) IP65 consumer unit? Plastic is OK, - it's for a horticultural site in a polytunnel.
I find Garo, Protek, any others? (Looks like I'll have to populate it anyway with A.N. Other breakers and parts).
I want want robust enough to take several SWA's without problems and reliable door seal.

Could someone recommend me a 7 unit wide (minimum) IP65 consumer unit? Plastic is OK, - it's for a horticultural site in a polytunnel.
I find Garo, Protek, any others? (Looks like I'll have to populate it anyway with A.N. Other breakers and parts).
I want want robust enough to take several SWA's without problems and reliable door seal.
Plastic and SWA, Hmm not a good mix imo, more trouble than it's worth by not fitting a MC CU as for mixing and matching OCPS best refer to BS 7671 prior to taking that route 1 Justin.

Hager Vector II. IP55 and plenty strong enough to take SWA glands.
Used dozens of them over the years in agricultural installations.

Can't beleive no-ones noticed it's not orientated correctly.
The lamps should be pointing to the 4 corners of the room..

I used the Hager ones (Vector?) in our Polytunnels. I also put it in an external meter cupboard for belt and braces - 2 x 4 year olds and a hose can do serious damage! They take SWA no problem, knock outs on all four sides and back and come with a load of glands.

Thanks guys. I'll take a new look at those Hager and Schneider ones. I have only once or twice used a Hager board. My local Rexel does it - meaning plenty of opportunity for bargaining :)

Plastic and SWA, Hmm not a good mix imo, more trouble than it's worth by not fitting a MC CU as for mixing and matching OCPS best refer to BS 7671 prior to taking that route 1 Justin.

It depends on the type and quality of the plastic, good quality GRP switchgear are more solid than some of the metal DBs out there these days.

I have used Merlin Gerin (now Schenider) Kaedra units before. Well manufactured plastic units.

I used to use Kaedra but they were so often out of stock for the larger units..

Then I switched to ABB mistral which are honestly even better, very easy to work with and cheaper too!

Consumer Units | RS Components - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/fuses-sockets-circuit-breakers/consumer-units-accessories/consumer-units/?applied-dimensions=4294967273,4291943652

They are far and away the best I have found :)

Thanks Deuce. the enclosures look sound.

They really are good, so much space to work in them!

Make sure to feed back on here if you order one - although I'm pretty sure you'll be very happy if you do. I work exclusively in wet environments so I've been through a fair few such products over the years ;)

Reply to Recommend a IP65 consumer unit please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock