Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Recommend powertool kit, sds, impact, multitool etc. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. LabourForApprenticeship

LabourForApprenticeship Regular EF Member

Hi, as the title suggest, can you recommend decent powertool set please.

I want sds, impact tool, multitool.. what else would you guys recommend.

Brands, recommendations. About £800 budget.

thanks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Andy78

Andy78 Forum Mentor

I'm well happy with my Milwaukee kit that I have built up. I have a good 18V kit but am now drifting into the 12V range for everyday use as the weight savings are worth it.

The 18V Fuel combi drill, and SDS are well powerful, and I have heard the same of the impact. The multitool also does the job as well as my old 240V one.

The 12V Fuel SDS and combi are my new everyday kit and the performance is there for smaller work.

For additional battery tools I also carry a circular saw, torch, and small drill driver, although my 12V combi could now take that role too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I’m a Dewalt fan ....

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andy78

Andy78 Forum Mentor

:handpointup: That is a good amount of tools for that money to be fair.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Cadgey123

Cadgey123 Electrician's Arms

Dewalt or Makita for value for money.

By bare units and batteries as I find this is cheaper to accumulate a set and not have what you don’t need.

If you can find a good deal on Milwaukee I would buy them. They are on the pricey side of your budget.

7. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

8. LankyWill

LankyWill Guest

I’m a Bosch Professional fan, I’ve had an 18v impact and Combi that is still going strong after 6 years. I’ve now got circular saw, multi tool, jigsaw, Sds and a few lights. I’d go for 18v as it’s powerful enough to get the job done without being cumbersome, whatever you opt for if you treat it well it will last years.

9. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

I would recommend Makita.
    The grinders don’t kick on start up, the hoovers are more compact and the chucks are better.