Discuss Recommendations for LED battens. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Lads n Ladies,

Have been searching the web for some 4/5/6ft LED battens. Need around 14 in total. Want them to look smart, not break the bank, but most importantly from my perspective I want them to not be the fully sealed type that manufacturers are leaning towards. Reason being is so I can put the loop wiring within the case. Don't really want to wagobox and hide in ceiling up to 14 light fittings if I can help it. They want the wiring hidden if possible, so an adjacent pendant rose is not ideal. I did toy with the idea of suspension type but that's adding more work again.

Any recommendations or thoughts would be gratefully received.

So far I have sort of narrowed it down to the following:

JCC Lighting JC71707 Skypack White 5 Foot Twin LED Batten Fitting With Cool White LEDs IP20 60W 7300 Lumens L:1500mm x H:30mm, JC71707 - http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php/401808076/jcc-lighting-jc71707-skypack-white-5-foot-twin-led-batten-fitting-with-cool-white-leds-ip20-60w-7300-lumens-l-1500mm-x-h-30mm

Eterna Eco 24W Cool White LED Batten - 5ft - Lyco - https://www.lyco.co.uk/eterna-eco-24w-cool-white-led-batten-5ft.html

However, both the above are not as 'good looking' as perhaps they could be. Something looking more sleek would be nice.

Thanks

Denmans do FSR Nevada in 3/4/5/6 ft and I keep going back for them. They are a winner for loft lighting and the price is respectable. Got a 5ft 38watt for a loft tomorrow at £26 +Vat to me.
Wiring from ends or back so hidden as you like. Warm white or cool 4000k is nice.
Edit - just read your post - perhaps also not as sleek as it could be.
Steeple do an IP65 that is sleek but cable is via stuffing gland from end, shame as it’s a nice shape.

Fitted 150 Ansell Airbeam in a school last year and more elsewhere. Not one failure as yet.

Easy to retrofit too as plenty of room for wiring inside/fixing possibilities. Can use conduit between fittings if necessary etc.

Thanks for replies. Some of the suggestions look pretty good. Think I will send some more links to the client - I hate having to decide on their behalf sometimes!

Reply to Recommendations for LED battens. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net