Discuss Recommendations for LED Floodlight for garage and garden in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be having a full rewire done shortly and will fit an LED floodlight for the garage and driveway, and one for our garden. My budget is £35 per light (or thereabouts).

So far, 2 manufacturers have come up in my research: Timeguard (Timeguard LEDPRO10B 10 Watt Black Professional LED Floodlight - Edwardes - https://www.edwardes.co.uk/en/products/timeguard-ledpro10b-10-watt-black-professional-led-floodlight) and Deltech (10W Slim LED Flood Light 6250K with PIR - Black | QVS Direct - http://www.qvsdirect.com/10w-slim-led-flood-light-6250k-with-pir-black).

Both are 10watts (although I know this doesn't matter so much), and IP65. The timeguard is 5000 kelvin, and Deltech 6250 Kelvin. The Deltech has 800 lumens vs. Timeguards 650 minimum lumens.

Are both reliable manufacturers, and which is the 'best' (i.e. more likely to stand the test of time)

Will the lumens stated be sufficient as security lights?

Thanks!

how large an area do you want to illuminate. 10watts will give about 10 ft. range of light, tailing off towards the 10ft. i'd be looking at 30watts for an average garden, say 60 ft. long.

I would discuss this with the spark doing the work and remember cheapest isn't always best.

Look for products with a 3 year warranty.

Thanks guys.

10w should be sufficient for garage, but will consider 30w for garden.

Halogen lights are a lot cheaper, is the extra cost of the LED justified, or are halogens fine?

with LED you will not be replacing lamps every few months, and the running cost savings will eventually outweigh the extra initial cost.

also kind to polar bears.

Thanks guys.

10w should be sufficient for garage, but will consider 30w for garden.

Halogen lights are a lot cheaper, is the extra cost of the LED justified, or are halogens fine?

Halogens are rubbish............................ and as for LED's - if you have sensor lights animals will set them off.

As I previously suggested ............... ask the spark doing the rewire....

love the animal bit. foxes come across the garden usually around 1 - 2 a.m. sensor light means i can observe them.

Can recommend 30w Ansell Carina. About £30 incl VAT and PIR version is around £36.

Around 2000 lumens.

They do 10 & 20 watt versions too which would obviously be cheaper.

Timeguard is a good make, whatever you do, do not buy LUXNA from yesss, I have had a lot of issues and have returned 19 of the pir floodlights this year alone on my account as they repeatedly fail, have also had the same problem with their led lamps, such poor quality.

Get yourself into screwfix they have an end of line sale

LAP Slimline LED Floodlight with PIR Black 50W - http://www.screwflix..com/p/lap-slimline-led-floodlight-with-pir-black-50w/7082p

Only available in stores.

somebody's bought them. all stores within 40 miles of me are sold out.

For the cost, you couldn't go wrong, even if they fail take them back and get a refund or credit.

Thanks for this recommendation. I just brought the 10w and 30w lights. Seem good value for money, hopefully they will last.

They should. We have fitted 1000's of Ansell products and rate them highly. Their Orbio downlights would be worth looking at too if you plan on fitting downlights. If you shop around you'll get them for a little over £15 each and if you register them you'll get a 7 year warranty.

Reply to Recommendations for LED Floodlight for garage and garden in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock