Discuss Recommended bathroom extractor vents for fitting from inside in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Been asked to price up for a bathroom fan installation, nothing to out of the ordinary there, except the bathroom is on the 4th floor of a townhouse!
add the basement area below and its a tad high.
So clearly not going to use a ladder or hire a tower just for this job.
There are quite a few fans out there now with the outside vent plates that can be fitted through the hole you core drill out.
some look a bit flimsy and cheap. unlikely to last any great time.
Anybody got any recommendations on good makes/models of these vent plates that can be fitted from inside.
I did consider dropping a line and pulling a vent up and into hole and seal from inside, but not sure if it would make a good seal or do a decent job, seems bit of a bodge to me and not right.
suggestions welcome....

That looks a decent idea to me......but make sure the holes tight and for gawd sake don't shove it in upside down..
well always get the expanding foam out to seal the little gaps around edge! mate had a can in van once, that got pierced by a drill bit still in the chuck... suffice to say when he got back to the yard his van was a right bloody mess in the back, was like something from a horror film!

Talking of core drilling fan holes, this reminds me of tale where one of the lads drilled a hole into next doors house!
Apparently the houses were staggered, off set to each other and he misjudged where the external wall was!
Another situation involving an outside socket on the same houses, another lad drilled through the wall, instead of breaking through outside it went into the bedroom wall and through the wardrobe! Apparently all the clothes had wrapped around the drill bit!

Talking of core drilling fan holes, this reminds me of tale where one of the lads drilled a hole into next doors house!
Apparently the houses were staggered, off set to each other and he misjudged where the external wall was!
Another situation involving an outside socket on the same houses, another lad drilled through the wall, instead of breaking through outside it went into the bedroom wall and through the wardrobe! Apparently all the clothes had wrapped around the drill bit!

...best excuse I've heard for fitting a socket in a wardrobe.

I hope you will tape around the property below before you start drilling .just in case you drop a core brick!
I intend to place some tarpaulin / sheeting over the basement area below, the sheeting will be at garden level and protect anybody who might come out of the basement flat into the small yard area which is below main garden level . last thing i want is a body to get rid of. they weigh too much!

I intend to place some tarpaulin / sheeting over the basement area below, the sheeting will be at garden level and protect anybody who might come out of the basement flat into the small yard area which is below main garden level . last thing i want is a body to get rid of. they weigh too much!
Fit these signs around the area......
8AFC673C-5CF4-4357-8C48-30AF26918BF5.jpeg

I intend to place some tarpaulin / sheeting over the basement area below, the sheeting will be at garden level and protect anybody who might come out of the basement flat into the small yard area which is below main garden level . last thing i want is a body to get rid of. they weigh too much
you can sing this to your self, their is no business core business.

Reply to Recommended bathroom extractor vents for fitting from inside in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net