Discuss Recommended books please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

seza

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

Great forum, thank you to those who make it possible,
newby here, hoping to become a sparky soon,
I know there is no substitute for proper training and official publications but I am hopeful that one of you - good people - will recommend a book(s) that will help with becoming an electrician?

many thanks

Andrew Butler Basic Electrical formulae. All the calcs you will need for your course with worked examples. Indispensable in my opinion for learners. Oh and yes it is old but the basic science and formulae have not changed one whit. Also have a look at Electrical Installation Calculations A. J. Watkins and C. Kitcher, more extensive than the first mentioned includes other matters which will help no end.

Hi everyone!
I am new in this forum, that's why sorry if I am writing to the wrong thread.

I work at Yeoju Technical Institute in Tashkent, and we're pretty young (opened last year)
There is a faculty of Renewable Energy in our institute, and we lack books for this faculty. In particular, we don't have yet books for the course of "Electrical Equipment". Can you suggest books for this course?

The syllabus of the course is:
Wiring materials and tools
Connection of wires
Indoor wiring works
Duct construction
Cable construction
Grounding construction
Service drop construction
Distribution line construction
Switchboard construction
Panel board construction
Sub-station facilities
Lighting works
Power facilities

For those serious in the thread lol :D
[automerge]1568391303[/automerge]
Hi,

Here's a photo of what books I have plus Ive got 18th Edition Wiring Regs, 18th Edition On site Guide & 18th Edition Napits EICR Codebreakers book.

See which ones you can borrow from library, will save you £££££

View attachment 46181
I'll see if I can find them on amazon and link to them, a lot of people sell them 2nd hand on there. I'm sure not as cheap as free from a library mind!

@Lou - get the name of these books and stick them in the resources area with links to Amazon please.

Reply to Recommended books please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net