Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Registration fees with Stroma!!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. happyhippydad

happyhippydad Member Electrician's Arms

I have just had an e-mail from Stroma saying that it will cost £576 (inc VAT) for my annual membership! They plan a site vist.

Do the other schemes charge this much? I've quickly checked out the NICEIC website and it is £444 (inc VAT) for the annual fee. Would this include a site visit or would they charge more for that?

It just seems rather steep considering it only cost me around £300 for the initial visit AND to become registered.

2. jamesBoater

jamesBoater Guest

I thought these lot were the cheapest to register with !

3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Time to join Elecsa?

Edit : and they have 2 rates, a lower one for payment by direct debit

4. happyhippydad

They state £240 + VAT for the site visit and another £240 + VAT for the annual registration fee???

Do the others charge more for a site visit during their annual inspection or is this included in the price?

I was a bit shocked, especially after all my posts pointing towards them being the cheapest!

5. Geoffsd

Geoffsd Guest

Tell them you just want to be registered and are not interested in a site visit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. guest119

guest119 Guest

Never heard of them Hipp., and Im in the trade a long time.

Boydy

7. moospark

moospark Guest

Don't think you'll find that the visit is optional mate, classic business model, go in cheap, suck em in, hike the price, rely on them not being bothered enough to go elsewhere.

8. Guitarist

Guitarist Electrician's Arms

Elecsa are £444 all-in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MDJ

MDJ Guest

I would join another fella, I don.t pay that for proved status with the NICEIC

10. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Respected Member

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    I would start to communicate with Stroma and tell them that this is not acceptable as their published scale of charges states that the application fee is free of charge for subsequent renewals. The only additional charges are for more operatives and for additional audit visits.
    Stroma Scheme Fees v1.5 P3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. ExArmy

ExArmy Electrician's Arms

whats the appeal with stroma in the first place? why would i chose them over NIC, NAPIT or ELECSA ?

12. VoltzElectrical

VoltzElectrical Electrician's Arms

exactly. and choosing not to register as you are a qualified electrician, is FREE! It's up to the home owner to notify work anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  13. happyhippydad

I am looking at their site Richard and cannot find this page, could you give me a link please?

14. Jay Sparks

Jay Sparks Forum Mentor

So, are you saying that the first time you joined Stroma, it only cost you £250 and you didn't have a site visit???

And now your due for renewal, they include a site visit and charge you for the pleasure???

What a joke!! So what was involved when you first registered with them???

I think I know what im going to do when my renewal with Elecsa is up....and it won't cost me a penny!!!lol

Im just about sick of this part pee crap!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SKY

SKY Electrician's Arms

Really I just renewed today and its cost me £468.00.
    (£390 + £78.00 Vat)