Discuss Registration fees with Stroma!!!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have just had an e-mail from Stroma saying that it will cost £576 (inc VAT) for my annual membership! They plan a site vist.

Do the other schemes charge this much? I've quickly checked out the NICEIC website and it is £444 (inc VAT) for the annual fee. Would this include a site visit or would they charge more for that?

It just seems rather steep considering it only cost me around £300 for the initial visit AND to become registered.

They state £240 + VAT for the site visit and another £240 + VAT for the annual registration fee???

Do the others charge more for a site visit during their annual inspection or is this included in the price?

I was a bit shocked, especially after all my posts pointing towards them being the cheapest!

Tell them you just want to be registered and are not interested in a site visit.
Don't think you'll find that the visit is optional mate, classic business model, go in cheap, suck em in, hike the price, rely on them not being bothered enough to go elsewhere.

I have just had an e-mail from Stroma saying that it will cost £576 (inc VAT) for my annual membership! They plan a site vist.

Do the other schemes charge this much? I've quickly checked out the NICEIC website and it is £444 (inc VAT) for the annual fee. Would this include a site visit or would they charge more for that?

It just seems rather steep considering it only cost me around £300 for the initial visit AND to become registered.

I would join another fella, I don.t pay that for proved status with the NICEIC

I would start to communicate with Stroma and tell them that this is not acceptable as their published scale of charges states that the application fee is free of charge for subsequent renewals. The only additional charges are for more operatives and for additional audit visits.
Stroma Scheme Fees v1.5 P3.jpg

I would start to communicate with Stroma and tell them that this is not acceptable as their published scale of charges states that the application fee is free of charge for subsequent renewals. The only additional charges are for more operatives and for additional audit visits.
View attachment 20494

I am looking at their site Richard and cannot find this page, could you give me a link please?

I am looking at their site Richard and cannot find this page, could you give me a link please?

So, are you saying that the first time you joined Stroma, it only cost you £250 and you didn't have a site visit???

And now your due for renewal, they include a site visit and charge you for the pleasure???

What a joke!! So what was involved when you first registered with them???

I think I know what im going to do when my renewal with Elecsa is up....and it won't cost me a penny!!!lol

Im just about sick of this part pee crap!!!!

Now you are asking!

This is a direct link to the download for the zipped information pack within which is the fee structure from which I extracted my post.

This link is the fee structure for the bundle deals that is laid out differently but generally contains the same information.

(and I really wish the forum would not crash.:shout:)

Last edited:

Reply to Registration fees with Stroma!!!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net