Discuss Regs on UG cable depth and marking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i have had situations where you cant get the cable deep enough have always used marker tape and indicated that the cable is below the surface with engraved signs at each end

That's the way it should be done. As for the NIC inspector saying all was fine, I just don't believe it. Alteration work starts today!

T

Tafia, I think in your position I'd be pretty bloody minded right now and wanting to prove the point. Why not isolate the circuit and get a pickaxe out, couple of good swings and I'd bet you'd have the cable in your hands.

Aye, I know the cables are only few inches down with no tape or tiles: chap admitted it in writing, though I doubt he told NIC inspector who, the sparky claims, said the job was fine.

Maybe stand back and see what happens. You have made your point, but been overruled by everyone else.

Cheers,

Having been tasked by the council to deliver the cable route plan to the church authorities, I handed it to the church wardens on site who have placed it at the mains position as suggested by the sparky.

As you say, we will see what happens.

At our last meeting, one councillor , a friend of the sparky, when I again raised the issue, pointing out that the admission of wrong doing was not in the minutes, immediately jumped in and said: "What's the problem, they will find the cables right away with a metal detector"

This same chap, a builder, told us at an earlier meeting that a couple of years ago he had dug up and damaged a gas pipe. Gas board came out and told him the repair would have to come out of his builders insurance. He replied with the usual: **** off, that pipe was not deep enough and there was no tape above it"

See what I am up against?

Will let the forum know if I hear of any damage to the cables.

Thanks to all for your help. It is much appreciated.

T

Reply to Regs on UG cable depth and marking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock