Discuss Relays , Contactors and Electronics... in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Im bit empty headed when it comes to them things but i just applied for a job that pays silly money and well i need to brush up on my skills and knowledge about them...!

any good books or courses you know about! sorry for sounding ignorant about them but they never really floated my boat so i ignored them on my btec course and "got by" lol

Electronic Contractors are built using the low thermal expansion (LTE) technology and are available for heating/resistive applications up to 63 A and up to 30 A for motor loads. Available in different versions including single, dual or three Phase Contactors, these units are suitable for a variety of applications wherever downtime is to be reduced in the application.

what sort of job if you dont mind me askin Durham, i may be able to point you in the right direction, but that moellor book is the business.

Hi Mate, applied for 2 jobs..! (first one is my preferred one)

Multi discipline M&E Technician at a new 17mw Biomass power station

& least prefered option just to get me out the place im at in desperation is!

Electrical Maintenance Engineer for Nissan!

couldnt comment on your preferred option but could probably help with the second as ive recently had a large number of interviews for 2 similar jobs. im sure your up to speed on three phase so look at motor control circuits, star/delta and direct online starting and variable speed drives also for the car industry PLC,s is a must, that where they were invented. if you have time try and pick up a copy of 'programmable logic controllers and their engineering applications' by Alan J Crispin, got one second hand on amazon for about 3 quid. you dont need to study it and its not that indepth anyway, just skim read and pick up the main points and get an understanding of ladder logic diagrams etc if you dont already know.
if you need any more pointers give us a shout and good luck, by all accounts nissan is a good company to work for.

Last edited by a moderator:
by all accounts nissan is a good company to work for.

ive got some mates that worked there...its great,if you like to ask to go to the toilet(be prepared to hold it in) be told your working late at an hours notice...id carefully consider that one steve..

ive got some mates that worked there...its great,if you like to ask to go to the toilet(be prepared to hold it in) be told your working late at an hours notice...id carefully consider that one steve..

maintenance have to ask for the toilet? as for working late at an hours notice, an hours notice is a company bonus in maintenance:)

i know what you mean, i work on the principle that if im 'asked' ill do it, if im 'ordered', bye bye!, i havnt been 'ordered' since,:cool: not the attitude to adopt in a new job though.

Reply to Relays , Contactors and Electronics... in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net