Discuss Release electrical certificates in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Again not a grey area. This is why there are Competent Person Schemes. If you are a member then you are adjudged competent.

I am not a member of any of these schemes... I must not be competent.... I'll let my boss know tomorrow...

Think you know where I was going with the gas boiler theme ;-)

Why can't they just make it law. Can't f**k about with electrics unless you suitably qualified. Make it black and white.

Personally I think there is many grey areas. Either that or major misunderstandings

I'll let my boss know tomorrow...
Good man! You know you are doing the right thing.
But seriously this is one way to show what competence is. The CPS is only for domestic strangely. But post #33 should be your get out clause I imagine if you comply with those definitions. As a matter of interest @Spoon is your employer registered with a scheme?

Last edited by a moderator:
@gazdkw82 qualifications are not the answer on their own. As I have stated before, I had a level 3 qualified person working for me who wired up a double socket on a RFC, with one of the legs earth to the terminal on the metal back box and the other into the earth terminal on the socket. So much for qualifications /sigh

Actually, thinking about it, I have to make a non-PC comment, sorry. If Italy's economy was not on it's arse, would we have to be tolerating this rubbish? Are there not Sparks in the smoke who can go about their business, in English or Italian premises, who know what they are doing and can actually speak English??? What the hell are we coming to?

I thank everyone for the answers. on how to test a system, in addition to paying the engineers, I also help them perform the tests and it is no problem to buy the equipment to perform the tests myself, to fill out the certificate I have no experience but I can do some research online. generally I do not do simple systems, use relays, remote controls, home automation systems and in shared house induction loops to avoid problems for people who have trouble hearing. what interests me and that if I make a certificate to a shared house, my client has no problem in delivering it to a building control or presenting it to a bank for sale.

for the rest, to return the favor of a certificate I have to go to work with them for £ 130 a day, otherwise alone I earn well, although much of my earnings take the engineers for the tests, I do all the work and they with a signature takes 1/3 of the gain. if I do not have a language problem, I would go to work for some big company or I could earn more on my work, but it is difficult to learn it in an all-Italian environment between clients and workers. as much as the Made in Italy workforce is well accepted for a nice, clean and safe job, not speaking English limits the clientele.

Last edited:
If you have plenty of work,maybe get yourself a partner with the qualifications that satisfy these domestic schemes(Niceic,Napit Elecsa etc)in order to get registered

He could be some newly qualified inexperienced sort who needs your on site skills and you would be doing him a favour as well

He could become your qualifying supervisor until you get some quals yourself

If you have plenty of work,maybe get yourself a partner with the qualifications that satisfy these domestic schemes(Niceic,Napit Elecsa etc)in order to get registered

He could be some newly qualified inexperienced sort who needs your on site skills and you would be doing him a favour as well

He could become your qualifying supervisor until you get some quals yourself

it will be difficult to find someone, in the meantime if I want to study alone, how can I do? where do I have to take the exams?

Reply to Release electrical certificates in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net