Discuss Relocating a remote wireless thermostat to somewhere out of range of boiler? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Matt H

-
Reaction score
Hi All, hope you can help.

I've inherited a fairly stupid CH setup from the people who "renovated" my house before I bought it, and need to do something about the CH.

Its 3 floors - "basement" with bedroom, shower room & access to garden. 1st floor - main living area, kitchen, sitting room. 2nd floor - 2x bedrooms and bathroom.

The boiler is in the far corner of the basement shower room and is a WB greenstar with a remote thermostat (branded Worcester but looks like a
Drayton 22083SX). Due to house construction the only place to have the thermostat is also in the basement (solid concrete slab ceiling over the shower room)

This means that the main rooms of the house and the upstairs beds are only getting heat when the temperature in the basement area is changing, and the whole thing is very inefficient. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how I can get a thermostat on the 1st or 2nd floor to work with the boiler?

Cheers,
Matt.

wireless thermostat. receiver by boiler, battery powered stat/sensor wherever you want .

Hi telectrix, Sadly not I'm afraid. Boiler is in the "basement" with a "block and beam" concrete floor above it. No wireless stats can penetrate the floor, the existing setup is already wireless, but only works on the same floor as the boiler (the boiler has a built in receiver).

I do have a flight of stairs up to the 1st floor from the basement, but it is 20 ft from the boiler so the B&B floor still gets in the way. I need some way of further remoting (relaying) the remote thermostat or something.

Last edited:
Hi telectrix, Sadly not I'm afraid. Boiler is in the "basement" with a "block and beam" concrete floor above it. No wireless stats can penetrate the floor, the existing setup is already wireless, but only works on the same floor as the boiler (the boiler has a built in receiver).

I do have a flight of stairs up to the 1st floor from the basement, but it is 20 ft from the boiler so the B&B floor still gets in the way. I need some way of further remoting (relaying) the remote thermostat or something.
This will do the job easily. You would just have to pick up a feed for the thermostat. MAINSLINK-PRO 5000M BI-DIRECTIONAL WIRELESS MAINS TO MAINS 230VAC LINK - https://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/remote-control-systems-c9/mainslink-pro-5000m-bi-directional-wireless-mains-to-mains-230vac-link-p788

What a brilliant product, 5km between boiler and thermostat! Here's the pump to go with it so the water doesn't go cold before it gets to the rad's..
18mlxbjjd7wlijpg.jpg

Reply to Relocating a remote wireless thermostat to somewhere out of range of boiler? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net