Discuss Remedial Domestic after a Periodoc in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

Have been to look at a job this morning that involves remedial work after a Periodic Inspection Report. This has been carried out by another Electrician, whom is Part P Registered.

The observations he has made seem to be non notifiable, as follows:
1/ Wall lights fed off 32A Socket circuit. (These are being disconnected, so nothing required there.)
2/ No Bonding to Water Supply incoming
3/ Blanks required for CU
4/ Certain Sockets require sleeving to CPC
5/ FCU required for Immersion (Not sure on this as I could clearly see an FCU Fitted)
6/ No RCD Protection for lighting circuits (On non protected side of Board)

The House is a rented property and am unsure if there are extra requirements for these observations to be rectified for Landlord Ownership/Tenancy?

There is no additional work to be carried out. Points 2, 4 & 6 are surely not meeting current Regs yet not an Immediate Danger to the current Installation when it was installed to previous Regs. Or as this is a Tenancy Property should all of the above be carried out?

As I did not complete the Periodic, can I carry out the remedial where required? Would there be a requirement to issue a further certificate of satisfactory? If so I couldn't as am not scheme registered.

Thanks for any thoughts on this one.

Personally I would note item 3 as a code 1, as no CU blanks may give access to live parts!.

Item 2 would be a code 2 for me.

Item 4 code 4

Item 6 code 4

You would need to provide some sort of documentation to say that all the applicable remedial work had been carried out be it a letter on headed note paper or an installation certificate with all details in the extent covered section.

As it's a rented property then the letting agency/insurance company will probably want a scheme member's certificate to confirm the install is fit for continued service.

Thanks Lenny
The Property is privately rented, although I'd imagine this would have no bearing on providing any formal written info, be it a new cert or written confirmation.

I'm with you on the Blanks as a code 1. And as for the remainder, although they are non immediate requirements, was unsure, if as it is tenanted these would be needed over a home owner property? Is there anything within Landlord guidelines that place extra requirements on Lettings above 17th & Part P...
Cheers

Hi claret73, could you not issue a MWC and clearly state on it what you have & have not done in the boxes provided?

ie, in model forms of BS7671 MWC Part 1 Descrition of minor works.

and in part 2, 4. Comments on existing installation.

You can always refer to the PIR that was issued.

Regards WA

Is there anything within Landlord guidelines that place extra requirements on Lettings above 17th & Part P...
Cheers

Not really
They have a duty of care,it doesn't even mean a pir is required
They find the pir and some pat testing is the easiest way of convincing themselves, and local authorities, that they are complying with their duty of care

When you examine a lot of those pirs, it makes you wonder who, if anyone, actually does care :rolleyes:

Hi claret73, could you not issue a MWC and clearly state on it what you have & have not done in the boxes provided?

Cheers WA,
However, none of the remedial require notification and wouldn't wish to sign off Part 4 - Declaration as having made it look like I'm taking responsibility for anything outside of the remedial works.

I'm thinking & taking on board Lenny's point of providing a written confirmation that the work I've done noted on the PIR has been carried out to a satisfactory result.

I've been sitting on the fence, thinking about Scheme registration & Part P, maybe I'll follow this up & polish up with the Part P Document, which they didn't go into detail with on my 2330.
Cheers for all the replies, grateful as ever.
Andy

Reply to Remedial Domestic after a Periodoc in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock