Discuss Remote outdoor PIR sensors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for decent outdoor PIR's possible 360 degrees, any ideas? I used to fit some many years go that were 360 degrees and could be wired with a light switch, so as to switch on and off lights as normal.

have a look at there website that have most types , they are not the cheapest but are reliable, if its on a flat wall then most area's will be covered by 180 degree one, on corners etc the 200 / 240 ones

have a look at there website that have most types , they are not the cheapest but are reliable, if its on a flat wall then most area's will be covered by 180 degree one, on corners etc the 200 / 240 ones
Thanks for info......with these sensors can they be so wired that a light switch can override them manually? If so, can all the cables go to the PIR itself. L+N +SW plus sw/L + N to light

usually. most PIRs have a s/l terminal to which you can connect your s/l from switch.

usually. most PIRs have a s/l terminal to which you can connect your s/l from switch.

What I'm thinking of doing @ first fix stage, is to wire perm LN to PIR. L/SW to PIR from override switch. SL/N from lights to PIR.
So basically I'm using the PIR as a joint box. Are there any out there that can facilitate all the cables?
I'm now going to try n browse sites recommended but I've not found PIR's that give good diagrams about terminations etc. Thanks

I did read an old thread earlier today whereby it was stated that above method was not allowed. Timer has to be used? ahhh possibly that was for dusk - dawn only.

easiest way is to fit a 5A FCU if coming from a non-lighting circuit, then to a switch, a 3core/E to PIR. from PIR to light/s a T/E. i would use black for perm L, brown for S/L.

easiest way is to fit a 5A FCU if coming from a non-lighting circuit, then to a switch, a 3core/E to PIR. from PIR to light/s a T/E. i would use black for perm L, brown for S/L.

Will be off light circuit. So basically the 3 core will be perm L+N+SW, then S/L + N to light. Is there any requirement for the PIR to have DP isolation? If wired via FCU double pole isolation will be achieved.

\d/\p isolation is good practice for anything installed outdoors. then if a fault developes, it can be isolated.

Reply to Remote outdoor PIR sensors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net