Discuss Remote Start/Em Stop button for generator issue in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevyn

-
Reaction score
Hi

I have been presented with an interesting problem with a generator:

3 phase diesel generator with remote start/em stop inside workshop, when generator is started with the remote button it will only run for 5 minutes maximum. Generator will run all day if switched on at generator itself.

It will switch off no matter what machine is on in the workshop.

The remote start switch inside the workshop may not be latched and therefore the generator will receive a signal to start but then this signal is removed straight away when the switch is released. The generator is then on cool-down for 5mins (300secs is default on a lot of controllers) and will stop automatically.

@DaveA I don't think the OP is bothered now mate. No info was posted by him.

Reply to Remote Start/Em Stop button for generator issue in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm an electrical engineer in training so please bear with me. Basically, a bank has ordered a second 500kw diesel generator and my job is to...
Replies
Views
Good day all, I'm writing from the Commonwealth of Dominica (NOT Dominican Republic) where we have single phase 230V, 50Hz. I'm managing a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, A car showroom / workshop brand we do work for has asked us to modify a few things in the workshop. One of them being to implement...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
Hi, We’re having problems with our Bosch serie 6 washer/dryer. It’s about 6 years old. The model number is WVG30461GB/03. It has begun to stop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock