Discuss Removal of panels - Small job, anyone? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

delooney

Hi,

Is there a Solar electrician/installer available to help out for this small cash job, please?

I'm after 2Kw worth (9 from memory) panels and their supporting frames to be uninstalled/removed from a north facing side roof in London E13.

Pretty flexible with dates, still nothing planned as need to arrange with tenants.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Is there a Solar electrician/installer available to help out for this small cash job, please?

I'm after 2Kw worth (9 from memory) panels and their supporting frames to be uninstalled/removed from a north facing side roof in London E13.

Pretty flexible with dates, still nothing planned as need to arrange with tenants.

Thanks!

Hi bud,this may be the reason for a delay in interest...

What is access like? How many storeys? Public access below? What roof type? Are they being re-fitted?

Who is responsible for roof rectification? Original installers in the loop?

I apologise to the OP if coming across a tad negative,but a long old time ago,i predicted the eventual end-game,of a clue-less enthusiastic government,and greedy installers. The sorting out of some of these installs,wipes out any monetary gains or environmental benefits.

I was involved in one such clean-up,three storey,above shops,24" slate roof,original installers bust-twice...total cost £9000,i asked the property owner if he would consider PV again,and his first three words were all foul...:(

Hi,

No worries... Access would have been easy, scaf supplied for a small Victorian house with just ground and 1st floors.

To be honest and also going on what you have said, it now doesn't make financial sense to move the panels as I would need to get a new inverter for the lower array in London and then another inverter (which I was aware of) for the Bristol property.

Cheers for update,really annoys me,this topic...I've been seriously interested in the eco stuff,since i was a kid,in the 70's. Of course,we never called it that:).

PV,closed-cell insulation,rain-water harvesting...i was making these set-ups years back...but it took my governments involvement,to put my enthusiasm through the mangle.

I've seen some scandalous installations...yet i still have a little shake of the head,every time i look up at a domestic array...and see half a wheelbarrow of broken slate or tile,in the gutters :(

Reply to Removal of panels - Small job, anyone? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net