Discuss Removal of PIR from circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
so I have an porch wall light that is switched inside the house which has a separate PIR outside the porch. I am removing the PIR completely (as it no longer was switching the porch light on so assumed the pir was defective as the external floodlight on the same pir wiring (next paragraph) is fine on the same switch) and have installed a new porch light. The porch light wiring was Red, Black and Earth so connected them accordingly however the pir has a red, yellow and blue come out of the wall into it.

An electrician friend of mine installed an exterior floodlight to the pir wiring a while back which he connected to the red and blue of the pir cables so that that came on with the interior switch and was on permanently. The pir was then purely to switch on the porch light when motion was detected.

My question is what do I do to this red, blue and yellow cable to make the porch light just come on with the switch indoors?

I’m stumped!

Thanks in advance

It's hard to tell without seeing it but if say the red is a permanent live yellow switched live and blue neutral, unless you have an override switch in place already for the pir you will need to install a switch or the light will be on all the time

Just read it and there is already a switch, my mistake. Join the switch live from the switch directly to the outgoing cable to the light

Reply to Removal of PIR from circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
I have pulled out an old evaporative system I purchased many years ago from storage to have a look at it and see if I can get it running. Was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock